Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Step 2CK for interviews?
13 out of 24 responding programs state they require Step 2CK to extend interviews? Is this for real?

Page 71 of 2018 Program Director Survey: http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...or-WWW.pdf
Looks like about the same number for Step 2 CS which I feel like is definitely not the case - so don't look too much into it. There have been multiple threads in the past that talk about which ones potentially require what for interviewing/rank.

n=24 is hard to draw stuff from
You can compare this to the past surveys--which had more respondents:

79% of programs surveyed in 2014 say they require Step2CK for interviews, compared to 67% in the 2016 survey, and 54% in the 2018 survey. So it's actually going down in importance if anything. And, anecdotally, speaking to people who have all applied in the past 1-4 years (and matched successfully, received plenty of interviews) i'd say >50% of them didn't take step 2 until after interview season already started.

I'm not sure what any of this means, it seems as though nothing has changed and if you planned on taking step 2 later that's still fine.
(07-17-2018, 08:36 PM)Guest Wrote: You can compare this to the past surveys--which had more respondents:

79% of programs surveyed in 2014 say they require Step2CK for interviews, compared to 67% in the 2016 survey, and 54% in the 2018 survey. So it's actually going down in importance if anything. And, anecdotally, speaking to people who have all applied in the past 1-4 years (and matched successfully, received plenty of interviews) i'd say >50% of them didn't take step 2 until after interview season already started.

I'm not sure what any of this means, it seems as though nothing has changed and if you planned on taking step 2 later that's still fine.

You’re fine.  Took step 2 in January...was asked by 2/21 interviews for score prior to ranking. Have it ready by rank time if possible.
(07-17-2018, 08:36 PM)Guest Wrote: You can compare this to the past surveys--which had more respondents:

You’re fine.  Took step 2 in January...was asked by 2/21 interviews for score prior to ranking. Have it ready by rank time if possible.

I’ve got a low 240s step 1 from a mid tier school, and I’m shooting for a program with a good academic clinical mix (like Duke). Would taking CK now and grtting it done help me at all or is it not worth it?
I’m confused by your verb tenses. Did you already interview last year?
(07-17-2018, 10:07 PM)Guest Wrote: Guest

I’ve got a low 240s step 1 from a mid tier school, and I’m shooting for a program with a good academic clinical mix (like Duke). Would taking CK now and grtting it done help me at all or is it not worth it?

Unsure how balanced Duke has been in the past. It looks like they recently brought Charlie Teo and Chris Shaffrey on as faculty. Interested to hear how they will change the program. 
Not sure what they are trying to accomplish by bringing Teo periodically to Duke...
(08-03-2018, 12:44 AM)L  Guest Wrote: Not sure what they are trying to accomplish by bringing Teo periodically to Duke...

It’s weird. IMGs residents and part-time international faculty, wtf is going on?? Why is Duke going down hill?

Why did “guest” on 7/17 10PMnot match??? Does this mean he has a shot at Duke this cycle.good lick
tfgu rdju

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)