Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan
What are people's thoughts on the sub-I experience at Michigan? 

For current residents, how is life in Ann Arbor? Website makes it seem like a dream.
Pretty meh, people are VERY nice, town is a bit sleepy and predominantly white, volume is kinda low but well represented. Research opportunities are top tier.

But as a subi you're lucky if you get to tie every other knot let alone close anything.
Did they lose some residents?
(08-04-2018, 07:04 PM)Guest Wrote: Pretty meh, people are VERY nice, town is a bit sleepy and predominantly white, volume is kinda low but well represented. Research opportunities are top tier.

But as a subi you're lucky if you get to tie every other knot let alone close anything.

Med students these days suck anyway   I used to le them be involved in my cases  now I would almost prefer they don't scrub in.
(08-05-2018, 06:59 AM)Guest Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 07:04 PM)Guest Wrote: Pretty meh, people are VERY nice, town is a bit sleepy and predominantly white, volume is kinda low but well represented. Research opportunities are top tier.

Med students these days suck anyway   I used to le them be involved in my cases  now I would almost prefer they don't scrub in.

You know who sucks?...Residents like you who think they know what they are talking about and think that SubIs and other students alike are incapable of learning...Its like you get a long white coat with M.D. embroidered next to your name and that shit is like a power trip suppository to you. To be perfectly honest, you fuckers are just a bag of complainers who talk shit about patients, their families, and med students. Work a little harder and be a little humbler and maybe, just maybe, youll learn how to operate instead of being glorified assists by the time you graduate.
that escalated quickly.
(08-05-2018, 12:13 PM)Guest Wrote:

You know who sucks?...Residents like you who think they know what they are talking about and think that SubIs and other students alike are incapable of learning...Its like you get a long white coat with M.D. embroidered next to your name and that shit is like a power trip suppository to you. To be perfectly honest, you fuckers are just a bag of complainers who talk shit about patients, their families, and med students. Work a little harder and be a little humbler and maybe, just maybe, youll learn how to operate instead of being glorified assists by the time you graduate.

I've been in practice for over 10 years, pal.  I was an attending when even the current junior attendings were still med students.

Learn your place, fall in line, shut up, and take your beating.
(08-07-2018, 11:25 AM)Guest Wrote:

I've been in practice for over 10 years, pal.  I was an attending when even the current junior attendings were still med students.

Not sure of the kind of beating one could take from an attending that follows a med student forum. Not really sure about that one
(08-07-2018, 11:50 AM)Guest Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 11:25 AM)Guest Wrote:

Not sure of the kind of beating one could take from an attending that follows a med student forum. Not really sure about that one

Personally, I just graduated, and follow it to see what people are talking about around the country.  We want to think we have a great program, but are biased.  Seeing what unfiltered opinions are helps.

I know for a fact there are program directors and chairmen who lurk here periodically.  It's not all memes and med students.
Any actual useful information? Like... what hospital(s), what services the sub-i rotates on, suggested places to live, is a car necessary, do they interview during the rotation...

From these rather trolly comments it sounds like med students are just a bother lol

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)