Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower step 1?
(04-04-2019, 12:39 AM)Guest Wrote: High steps matter.  They are EVERYTHING.  All that matters is step 1.

It’s obvious that you haven’t applied yet. The number of people on the trail this year with
“Took the trail by storm”. Lol. What does that mean?
If you have to ask ...
(04-08-2019, 08:21 AM)Guest Wrote: “Took the trail by storm”.  Lol.  What does that mean?

It means there were a few applicants who were very obviously number 1 on everyone's list. None had PhDs
(04-08-2019, 09:36 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 08:21 AM)Guest Wrote: “Took the trail by storm”.  Lol.  What does that mean?

It means there were a few applicants who were very obviously number 1 on everyone's list. None had PhDs

Fake news
Is it possible to match at a good west coast program with a step 1 of 244 and one oral presentation thus far with 7 first author and 3 2nd author publications in the works? Havent taken any shelf exams or step 2 yet.

Thanks
(03-14-2019, 08:53 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 08:36 AM)Guest Wrote: And if you have a 260/260, PhD, from a school with a good NSG department, and stand out on your subIs, you pick your program. I know. I did.

True I think the likelihood that you get a decent shot at programs and have your choice is higher, but in my experience the PhD thing wasn’t as strong as the school name thing. This last year the people who really took the trail by storm did not have PhDs. That is to say that every year they want different things.

(07-11-2019, 12:27 AM)Guest Wrote: Is it possible to match at a good west coast program with a step 1 of 244 and one oral presentation thus far with 7 first author and 3 2nd author publications in the works? Havent taken any shelf exams or step 2 yet.

Thanks
Maybe cedar Sinai, UCSD or UC Irvine; stretch USC
(07-11-2019, 09:47 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 08:53 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 08:36 AM)Guest Wrote: And if you have a 260/260, PhD, from a school with a good NSG department, and stand out on your subIs, you pick your program. I know. I did.

True I think the likelihood that you get a decent shot at programs and have your choice is higher, but in my experience the PhD thing wasn’t as strong as the school name thing. This last year the people who really took the trail by storm did not have PhDs. That is to say that every year they want different things.

(07-11-2019, 12:27 AM)Guest Wrote: Is it possible to match at a good west coast program with a step 1 of 244 and one oral presentation thus far with 7 first author and 3 2nd author publications in the works? Havent taken any shelf exams or step 2 yet.

Thanks
Maybe cedar Sinai, UCSD or UC Irvine; stretch USC

Seems like a solid applicant no? UC Irvine and USC are pretty far apart I think..

Thanks

Top med school? Coming from strong home program as in UVA/UF/Iowa?

If you're from a low tier med school or have no home program then it'll be hard to match west coast with your current profile.
(07-11-2019, 12:14 PM)Guest Wrote:

Thanks

Top med school? Coming from strong home program as in UVA/UF/Iowa?

If you're from a low tier med school or have no home program then it'll be hard to match west coast with your current profile.

untrue. 1 of the current interns at OHSU matched from a no name school with no home program. how does that happen?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)