Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower step 1?
(11-19-2018, 06:45 AM)Guest Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 06:13 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 04:40 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 10:18 AM)Guest Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 10:04 PM)Guest Wrote: I think last year they didn't interview anyone under a 240

How does this change if I'm a DO student in the high 240s?

High 240s means you're dead average for neurosurgery. Most DO's who succeed in the ACGME match are well above the competition in terms of their stats (260s, many publications, etc.)

I appreciate everyones advice and insight on this topic. One last question: with my score being average for neurosurgery, would it be wise/advantageous to take step 2 prior to submitting applications (and miss out on doing a sub-I in July), or wait to take it later in the fall? The way I see it is that a great step 2 score can help, but that means missing out on a potential sub-I where I may get a letter of recommendation.

Im a DO applicant with high 240s this year. Got 16 interviews. its an uphill battle but not impossible for us

How many publications? (First authored and total)
http://www.nrmp.org/interactive-charting...the-match/

Check out the raw stats on DO applicants/match rate here. The numbers don't lie.

(11-20-2018, 01:30 PM)Guest Wrote: http://www.nrmp.org/interactive-charting...the-match/

Check out the raw stats on DO applicants/match rate here. The numbers don't lie.

In 2018, only 2 US Senior DO's matched and both were 240+
(07-24-2018, 02:31 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 01:16 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 10:10 AM)Guest Wrote: how bad is a 240?

To be honest i'm surprised you're still alive

<230: chances are slim unless you're an MD-PhD from a top program
230-235: still possible, need papers, good away performances
235-240: decent shot, will probably match
240-250: good chance of matching
250+: redundant, maybe programs like Stanford or Cleveland Clinic who have strict Step cutoffs will invite you

What is the Stanford strict cut off?
(03-13-2019, 11:47 PM)bearintraining Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 02:31 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 01:16 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 10:10 AM)Guest Wrote: how bad is a 240?

To be honest i'm surprised you're still alive

<230: chances are slim unless you're an MD-PhD from a top program
230-235: still possible, need papers, good away performances
235-240: decent shot, will probably match
240-250: good chance of matching
250+: redundant, maybe programs like Stanford or Cleveland Clinic who have strict Step cutoffs will invite you

What is the Stanford strict cut off?

None of this is real. There are no cutoffs. Don’t be a douche and if you’re what they want you’ll get an Interview
Dissertation writing assistance the introduction i need help writing article review for cheap

24/7 Professional Care about Your Writing

[Image: xforkmmjffyz.jpg]

Essay Writing Help Online - ORDER ONLINE

Woods set to build public golf course in Chicago UK lawmakers seek to force indicative votes on Brexit next steps On Golf Phil Mickelson Wins at Pebble Beach and Hopes Its Just a Prequel Up-and-coming rapper appears in court 'card cracking' fraud scheme 'The Case Against Adnan Syed' extends 'Serial' mystery Heather Savage raising daughters of woman jailed for killing partner Coca-Cola admits for the first time that it produces 3m tonnes of plastic a year
Case study on nursing documentation best rated research paper writing service
Multi-millionaire financier, 57, who lent money illegally avoids jail thanks to borrowers
I need help writing essay about age discrimination best site to buy 3-5 page essay
Southwest may buy older planes to meet lift needs Rapid urine test could detect dangerous pregnancy-related stroke risk in 3 minutes Wild college students on spring break descend upon South Padre, Texas Isabella Rose Giannulli arrives home hours after mother Lori Loughlin posted bail Whats Going On in This Picture? 124; Sept. 19, 2016 One Nation promises fair treatment for Jack de Belin as part of plan for the Illawarra region New premier urges Algerians to accept dialogue
Should i do my homework now or in the morning we can write your 5 page term paper
Front Burner Plan a Trip to the Distilleries and Pubs of Ireland Galaxy Note 2 Phone, tablet or both? The Rail Bookshelf A Fillys Growing Mystique Kacey Musgraves brings the va va voom to Hollywood Reporter party in edgy sheer number
Research paper about school clinic pay me to write your grade 10 essay help
For Larger Customers, Eating Out Is Still a Daunting Experience
US warship quarantined at sea for TWO MONTHS due to virus outbreak What's Selling Now Homes That Sold for Around $1.5 Million SEGA stops selling gangster video game after actor is arrested on drug charges
Essay on awareness of plastic i will write your level 9 essay
The Health Issue Learning From the Lazarus Effect
Essay on sbi merger with its associates term paper about reading comprehension
CA imposes moratorium on death penalty
CHRIS SUTTON Mane is more than just pace... he made a fool of Neuer
Help writing case study on ikea pdf essay about zero waste
A Landscape Designers Wild Garden
U.S. looks to test ground-launched cruise missile in August Tech turns data into ultrasonic sound waves New species of reptile discovered 'down under' from 125 million years ago was the size of a wallaby
MAFS bride Elizabeth Sobinoff ditches dramatic makeup and cuts her hair short in latest make-under Manafort's wife, attorney arrive for second sentencing G.O.P.s Attempt to Avoid Emergency Showdown With Trump Is Scuttled, by Trump How the US stole an island to build a secretive military base Alex Trebek announces he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer
Can you buy paper research paper on bpd
A NASA Journey to the Moon May Need to Find Another Rocket or Two Senate clears Yemen War Powers Resolution in rebuke to Trump Restaurant Review A San Diego Chef Taps the Crosscurrents of the Mexican Border
Current events homework help cheap custom sequence essay
Custom chemistry essay help me do essay
Case study on ehr homework help letter writing
Can you write my essay about avicenna case study on forecasting
Research proposal on early marriage in bangladesh essay about avoid plastic
And if you have a 260/260, PhD, from a school with a good NSG department, and stand out on your subIs, you pick your program. I know. I did.
(03-14-2019, 08:36 AM)Guest Wrote: And if you have a 260/260, PhD, from a school with a good NSG department, and stand out on your subIs, you pick your program. I know. I did.

True I think the likelihood that you get a decent shot at programs and have your choice is higher, but in my experience the PhD thing wasn’t as strong as the school name thing. This last year the people who really took the trail by storm did not have PhDs. That is to say that every year they want different things.
Social media influencer = the new PhD
You don’t need to lead the interview parade when you get to pick your program.

To OP, low Step Ones happen. Persevere. Manage expectations.
High steps matter. They are EVERYTHING. All that matters is step 1.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)