Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much do third year grades really matter?
(01-31-2022, 11:43 PM)Guest Wrote: ^^^ List step scores, please.
failing can't be good. you should have planned ahead and worked harder instead of partying and being lazy. just imagine telling your patients, "I was being stupid and screwed up, and now you are paralyzed. I'll try better next time though!" Sorry but it doesn't work that way.
Vocujioje <a href="http://slkjfdf.net/">Oqexocu</a> nuf.fslr.neurosurgeryhub.org.rnz.td http://slkjfdf.net/
(01-31-2022, 09:02 PM)Guest Wrote: Does anyone know if screening cutoffs include "has remediated"? I think it's one of the criteria that can be filtered on ERAS. My stupid self screwed up and had to remediate a 1st year class.

I failed a first-year anatomy exam that had to be remediated to pass that block, but my school policy stated this would not be my MSPE and therefore it was not an issue with my residency app. I would ask your deans what your school policy is. 

As for the rest, I also did not honor a single clinical rotation (high pass for all, shelf exams nearly all honors which is listed on MSPE, but at our school that doesn't matter as much as the clinical eval component). Step 1: 236, Step 2 after deciding to pursue nsgy: 265. I had 15 interviews and just matched, will find out where Friday. Not a single program asked about my grades on my interviews. I would stay optimistic and if this is what you really want to do, apply. If there are other strong components to your application, some programs will still be happy to consider you.
Neurosurgery >> Surgery and IM > Neurology
(03-17-2022, 03:16 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 09:02 PM)Guest Wrote: Does anyone know if screening cutoffs include "has remediated"? I think it's one of the criteria that can be filtered on ERAS. My stupid self screwed up and had to remediate a 1st year class.

I failed a first-year anatomy exam that had to be remediated to pass that block, but my school policy stated this would not be my MSPE and therefore it was not an issue with my residency app. I would ask your deans what your school policy is. 

As for the rest, I also did not honor a single clinical rotation (high pass for all, shelf exams nearly all honors which is listed on MSPE, but at our school that doesn't matter as much as the clinical eval component). Step 1: 236, Step 2 after deciding to pursue nsgy: 265. I had 15 interviews and just matched, will find out where Friday. Not a single program asked about my grades on my interviews. I would stay optimistic and if this is what you really want to do, apply. If there are other strong components to your application, some programs will still be happy to consider you.

Thanks for the insight and congratulations! Anything else you did that you think helped?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)