Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much do third year grades really matter?
(12-17-2019, 01:24 AM)Guest Wrote: everything matters. everyone has a 250+ so hard to stick out with step anymore.

That’s not true
Nobody is going to scratch their heads calculating everyone's GPAs between high pass vs honors vs A or B or whatever. Good is good enough. But if you're mediocre in surgery and neuroscience you might get asked about why... at most.
(12-17-2019, 01:57 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 01:24 AM)Guest Wrote: everything matters. everyone has a 250+ so hard to stick out with step anymore.

That’s not true

Only the top 35% of matriculates have 250 plus.
At a school with an ABC system, if a student has mostly A's with a couple A- (including A- in surgery) but no B's, would that be considered honors? Would it really register as being "less than honors" in the minds of the people reviewing the applications if the app is otherwise strong (step scores, research, good LORs from home faculty etc.)?
how will grades matter considering uslme is pass/fail? pls advise.
Probably more
(06-10-2021, 09:09 PM)Guest Wrote: Probably more

Yes.  Than in past which wasn't much.
Does anyone know if screening cutoffs include "has remediated"? I think it's one of the criteria that can be filtered on ERAS. My stupid self screwed up and had to remediate a 1st year class.
^^^ List step scores, please.
No I don't think that will get you auto filtered. It will depend how closely people read your app and may affect aoa eligibility.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)