Thread Rating:
  • 44 Vote(s) - 2.45 Average
Interview Invites 2018-2019
(11-28-2018, 11:09 AM)Guest Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 05:51 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 05:35 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 05:03 PM)Guest Wrote: How many DO applicants this year?

1 million

I’ve seen 4 on the trail. There were 10 last year.

Which programs have you seen them at?

Ran into one at Barrow. One of the nicest girls I’ve come across on the trail.

(11-28-2018, 05:26 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 11:09 AM)Guest Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 05:51 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 05:35 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 05:03 PM)Guest Wrote: How many DO applicants this year?

1 million

I’ve seen 4 on the trail. There were 10 last year.

Which programs have you seen them at?

Ran into one at Barrow. One of the nicest girls I’ve come across on the trail.

Not Barrow. Nebraska. Almost the same.
Hey, looking to swap Cornell
Have: Cornell 1/11
Want: Cornell 12/13

NeuroSurgMatch@gmail.com

Thanks!

(11-29-2018, 06:14 PM)Guest Wrote: Hey, looking to swap Cornell
Have: Cornell 1/11
Want: Cornell 12/13

NeuroSurgMatch@gmail.com

Thanks!

I'm glad to recompense anyone who does this for me at a cost, might even buy you a beer Wink
Last minute Temple cancellation
is michigan top tier program? how is it compared to other MI programs like Henry Ford or Ascension?
(12-13-2018, 10:02 AM)Guest Wrote: is michigan top tier program? how is it compared to other MI programs like Henry Ford or Ascension?

It’s a top tier program because it’s U of M. Great research and facilities. Residents take two years off for research. Considered very prestigious. Low volume. Triple scrubbing cases. Fellows will take all the interesting cases. Probably a good program for those who plan on going into academics over PP.

Ascension/MSU seems like it’d be a great program for people more interested in clinical neurosurgery or PP. Lots of volume. Lots of autonomy. The most MIS and complex spine I’ve seen. Research department is young but it’s up and coming. Not a lot of prestige or name brand factor here. Ran by a busy PP group. Covering 2 hospitals when you take call which wasn’t for me.

HF has a decent amount of volume. Good amount of trauma. Lots of tumor (Detroit is the met capital of the world). Well known fellowship trained attendings. Spine kinda lacking. Good amount of autonomy. Endovascular is strong here. Lots of transfers from DMC come to HF which was kinda funny.
(12-15-2018, 10:51 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 10:02 AM)Guest Wrote: is michigan top tier program? how is it compared to other MI programs like Henry Ford or Ascension?

It’s a top tier program because it’s U of M. Great research and facilities. Residents take two years off for research. Considered very prestigious. Low volume. Triple scrubbing cases. Fellows will take all the interesting cases. Probably a good program for those who plan on going into academics over PP.

Ascension/MSU seems like it’d be a great program for people more interested in clinical neurosurgery or PP. Lots of volume. Lots of autonomy. The most MIS and complex spine I’ve seen. Research department is young but it’s up and coming. Not a lot of prestige or name brand factor here. Ran by a busy PP group. Covering 2 hospitals when you take call which wasn’t for me.

HF has a decent amount of volume. Good amount of trauma. Lots of tumor (Detroit is the met capital of the world). Well known fellowship trained attendings. Spine kinda lacking. Good amount of autonomy. Endovascular is strong here. Lots of transfers from DMC come to HF which was kinda funny.

Painfully obviously written by a HF resident
(12-15-2018, 11:04 AM)Guest Wrote:

what about wayne state?
don't forget about spectrum
(12-15-2018, 11:04 AM)Guest Wrote:

very accurate
(12-17-2018, 09:06 PM)Guest Wrote: don't forget about spectrum

Why?  Everyone else has forgotten it already.