Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of Interviews to Attend?
I am interviewing at all the programs ever.
I have 37 interviews I am going to. Planning to drop one because of time conflict unless I got a date change. I think 30 is reasonable this cycle.
30???
good luck trying not to burn out?
A ton of people last year did 25+. Know plenty of applicants who had the magic #17 (the number for our year) and did not match. Do as many as you can possibly afford - financially and mentally. From looking at the apps, this year looks tough.
I’ve got 14 so welp for me
Maybe I’m wrong, but if I understand the match process correctly, it is most likely that programs just didn’t like you post-interview if you have to drop that far down on your list. I suppose you could also just have bad luck but I imagine this is actually less common. If your matching at the bottom of your rank list then there is a reason (i.e personality issues).

The one person I’ve seen drop that far down in their list was just a really weird dude who looked good on paper. n+1

At least this is what I tell myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-03-2018, 04:19 PM)Guest Wrote: I’ve got 14 so welp for me
you'll match.  just contain your weirdness for one day
(11-03-2018, 04:38 PM)Strat Wrote: Maybe I’m wrong, but if I understand the match process correctly, it is most likely that programs just didn’t like you post-interview if you have to drop that far down on your list. I suppose you could also just have bad luck but I imagine this is actually less common. If your matching at the bottom of your rank list then there is a reason (i.e personality issues).

The one person I’ve seen drop that far down in their list was just a really weird dude who looked good on paper. n+1

At least this is what I tell myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N=4 of co-residents I know who dropped pretty far down and were not weird. You'll soon find out the match is plenty of luck and politics combined with your application.
yeh it happens. people slip through the cracks. be sure to have mentors reach out to your top 3 programs post rank list. make sure to do your second look visits and communicate with your top 5 about your interest in their program. dont sit back and be passive. PD are insecure and constantly need reminders that you love their program!

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)