Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open aneurysms
Barrow and USC come to mind.  Most programs with 3+ dual trained attendings
Just out of curiosity, what is the resident involvement in these cases? While there are exceptions, at my institution residents are dissecting fissures and clipping the aneurysm during 6th/7th year, usually not before. Better/worse at other institutions?
I've seen PGY4s and 5s dissecting fissures and clipping at Barrow.

Miami also clips a lot with Morcos, but it usually involves only the chief and/or fellow.
(12-28-2018, 07:21 PM)Guest Wrote: I've seen PGY4s and 5s dissecting fissures and clipping at Barrow.

Miami also clips a lot with Morcos, but it usually involves only the chief and/or fellow.

barrow's unique. Usually PGY 6-7 at most places will do these vascular cases.
Another vote for USC. As for involvement have seen their 4s and 5s splitting fissures and clipping as well. That doesn’t include the pgy7 at county pretty much doing the entire casewith attending watching.
(12-28-2018, 10:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Another vote for USC. As for involvement have seen their 4s and 5s splitting fissures and clipping as well. That doesn’t include the pgy7 at county pretty much doing the entire casewith attending watching.

This doesn’t make sense
(12-28-2018, 10:43 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 07:21 PM)Guest Wrote: I've seen PGY4s and 5s dissecting fissures and clipping at Barrow.

barrow's unique. Usually PGY 6-7 at most places will do these vascular cases.

Speaking of which, did Barrow lose a PGY-2?
Which one left?
Juniors are applying clips at Tulane/Ochsner by pgy-2. Not dissecting fissures though until later
(12-28-2018, 11:26 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 10:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Another vote for USC. As for involvement have seen their 4s and 5s splitting fissures and clipping as well. That doesn’t include the pgy7 at county pretty much doing the entire casewith attending watching.

This doesn’t make sense

What doesn’t make sense? PGY4-5 is at keck with the attendings, pgy7s are at la county running their own services.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)