Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
Late to the game?
I think age is a predictor, but whatever. Most older, non traditional medical students do not pursue neurosurgery. It can be done, but I would not recommend it.

Many people with a PhD realize very quickly how stupid Neurosurgery is and get out.
Fwiw I feel the toll of a hard day of residency more now than I did im my 20s but that may also be me getting used to a relatively kush lifestyle and not being in biological survival mode. I definitely saw the fatigue of some residents in their late 30s but they got through it.
(01-02-2019, 09:48 PM)Guest Wrote: I think age is a predictor, but whatever. Most older, non traditional medical students do not pursue neurosurgery. It can be done, but I would not recommend it.

Many people with a PhD realize very quickly how stupid Neurosurgery is and get out.

I realized how stupid getting a PhD was and got out.
out of the frying pan and into the pot.
(01-03-2019, 12:45 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 09:48 PM)Guest Wrote: I think age is a predictor, but whatever. Most older, non traditional medical students do not pursue neurosurgery. It can be done, but I would not recommend it.

"Hi, I struggled to succeed in basic science and also have a bad attitude so I plan on bashing it for the rest of my life"
(01-03-2019, 07:11 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 12:45 PM)Guest Wrote:

"Hi, I struggled to succeed in basic science and also have a bad attitude so I plan on bashing it for the rest of my life"

It’s tongue in cheek man.
What’s the cap on age where it becomes a problem/ disadvantage? How about trying to match with start of residency at 32/33
Are you married? Kids?
(01-05-2019, 09:55 AM)Guest Wrote: Are you married? Kids?

No and no
Good to go. Don’t get married, don’t have kids.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)