Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OHSU
(02-17-2019, 05:39 PM)xxxTentorium Wrote: Back to the original topic, would really like to know how OHSU is for a SubI... anyone?

-there is a lot of volume at OHSU, so you will be able to have your pick of cases, depending on how many other subi's there are. the program lets you pick which cases you go to each day, which is great but can be bad if there are many other subi's at the same time as you. in other words, you aren't assigned to cases/an attending (with the exclusion of the week you will be spending on peds, but even then, you still pick which peds attending you go with on each day). be reasonable with your co-subi in allotting cases.
-you pick your call schedule; residents seemed happy with us doing q4.
-there is a strong neuro ICU component to the subi. i learned a lot about ICU management of complex neurocritical issues that i didn't get on other subis because of how much they let subis be involved with ICU rounds
-overall, i was impressed with the quality of the program and the faculty/residents

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)