Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kansas
Can anyone comment on the Sub-I experience at Kansas? Appreciate the input.
(03-03-2019, 11:12 PM)12348Rando Wrote: Can anyone comment on the Sub-I experience at Kansas? Appreciate the input.

Great clinical experience. Lots of volume, residents willing to teach. Rounds are at 6 am each day, get checkout from on-call resident then round as a group. ORs usually run pretty late each day and it's standard to stay until every OR is finished. They leave the call schedule up to you, which meant that the month I was there the other sub-I and I took a TON of call - this was our decision, though. It's home call, there are call rooms for students at the hospital as well, usually got 2-3 hours of sleep on a call night. No post-call day. Usually are a couple 3rd year med students rotating as well. Do 1 day of clinic per week. Less hands on experience in the OR than other sub-i's I did, but this may have been because it was an early sub-i for me. Flexibility in which cases you go to, you could make some decisions in that regard. It took a very long time for me to get my letter from Camarata, I would keep that in mind if you're planning your other letters as well - it was good I had asked for more than 4 letters overall.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)