Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didnt match
(03-12-2019, 10:02 AM)Effmylife Wrote: Congrats to all who matched. Wasnt in the cards for me this year. Good stats, never had an issue with interviewing. Home PD just as surprised as me. Ive heard this happens but I feel so alone.

Anyone else out there not match before?

Didn't match twice. Did a prelim gen surg year, pre-residency fellowship year, got a PGY2 spot. Chin up.
agreed. didn't match, did gensurg for a year, got a spot now. can't wait to get started.

I'd recommend the working in gensurg/preresidency fellowship over the research path to reapply btw. many more possibilities for both neurosurg and otherwise (reapply, find a resident into PGY2, get out into gen surg/anesthesia/rads) than research where you are not making much forward progress and kinda putting all your eggs into one program's basket. and honestly, i found a lot of dignity in actually being someone's doctor and the challenge of intern year -- made me feel so much better after the gut shot of not matching.
(03-16-2019, 08:09 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:02 AM)Effmylife Wrote: Congrats to all who matched. Wasnt in the cards for me this year. Good stats, never had an issue with interviewing. Home PD just as surprised as me. Ive heard this happens but I feel so alone.

Anyone else out there not match before?

Didn't match twice. Did a prelim gen surg year, pre-residency fellowship year, got a PGY2 spot. Chin up.
Where did you do your presidency? Did they help with phone calls during or after interviews
For everybody who didn't match this year, be positive and persevere. If you look up last year's stats, I was the only person with step 1 over 260 who didn't match last year. So I know how it is to feel like you deserved a shot somewhere. Stay strong and life will work out
(03-22-2019, 06:28 AM)Guest Wrote: For everybody who didn't match this year, be positive and persevere. If you look up last year's stats, I was the only person with step 1 over 260 who didn't match last year. So I know how it is to feel like you deserved a shot somewhere. Stay strong and life will work out

Was there a reason you didn’t match that could help younger folks?
(03-22-2019, 08:12 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 06:28 AM)Guest Wrote: For everybody who didn't match this year, be positive and persevere. If you look up last year's stats, I was the only person with step 1 over 260 who didn't match last year. So I know how it is to feel like you deserved a shot somewhere. Stay strong and life will work out

Was there a reason you didn’t match that could help younger folks?

From the way he talks, probably autism.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)