Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didnt match
There are no spots. If there was they chose not to participate in the soap
(03-13-2019, 09:30 AM)Focus Wrote: There are no spots. If there was they chose not to participate in the soap

Can you clarify how you know? There is obviously some misinformation
(03-13-2019, 07:36 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 07:23 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 06:09 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 05:07 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 06:36 PM)Guest Wrote: You trolling? There's no way

No way it's UW. At least last year it was in a lot of people's top 3.
Very likely its them. Last year they dropped deep into their rank list  to match

I doubt it. Those interns were sought after.

They went deep into their rank list. One of them was highly unqualified & would not have matched otherwise.

LOL which one?
Let me confirm what Focus has said - there are no SOAP spots for neurosurgery.

Source: helped a friend select/research SOAP programs and couldn't help but sneak a peak over his shoulder. There are no NSGY spots listed. This may be a Match violation, but I don't see anyone gaining insight from this since it doesn't help weed out spots.
That must be it, they chose not to participate in the SOAP. On the R3 website it confirms that there was one west coast neurosurgery program that did not fill, and one spot was available. I think people here are more curious about WHERE the unfilled spot is, rather than the veracity of the unfilled spot.
(03-13-2019, 02:02 PM)Guest Wrote: Let me confirm what Focus has said - there are no SOAP spots for neurosurgery.

Source: helped a friend select/research SOAP programs and couldn't help but sneak a peak over his shoulder. There are no NSGY spots listed. This may be a Match violation, but I don't see anyone gaining insight from this since it doesn't help weed out spots.

That doesn't mean there are no unfilled spots. Unfilled or partially filled programs don't have to participate in SOAP.  

It's hard to say what kind of shady bs would make an unfilled program not participate but it is a *cough* POSSIBILITY *cough*
(03-13-2019, 02:23 PM)Guest Wrote: That must be it, they chose not to participate in the SOAP. On the R3 website it confirms that there was one west coast neurosurgery program that did not fill, and one spot was available. I think people here are more curious about WHERE the unfilled spot is, rather than the veracity of the unfilled spot.

Does the program disappear on the SOAP, if it has been filled?
(03-13-2019, 02:26 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 02:02 PM)Guest Wrote: Let me confirm what Focus has said - there are no SOAP spots for neurosurgery.

That doesn't mean there are no unfilled spots. Unfilled or partially filled programs don't have to participate in SOAP.  

It's hard to say what kind of shady bs would make an unfilled program not participate but it is a *cough* POSSIBILITY *cough*

Honestly this lends more credence to the idea that they’re a bigger name program. The UW thing may be true. Why would such a high ranked program in the US resort to SOAPing? But the other question is, how would they have not ranked enough people to fill their spots?
It is an interesting problem, if a program considers itself top tier so only invites the same top 30 applicants but 28 of those applicants decide to rank a different program, the Weat coast program could be left with an infilled spot. Still, strange not to SOAP. There must be an acceptable candidate who slipped through NSG match. It would be embarrassing of course.

Alternatively, there was a clerical issue.
(03-13-2019, 02:48 PM)Guest Wrote: It is an interesting problem, if a program considers itself top tier so only invites the same top 30 applicants but 28 of those applicants decide to rank a different program, the Weat coast program could be left with an infilled spot. Still, strange not to SOAP. There must be an acceptable candidate who slipped through NSG match. It would be embarrassing of course.

Alternatively, there was a clerical issue.

Won't we know right after the match which program didn't fill? So it'll save them a week's worth of embarrassment at most. Guessing either they refused to dedicate resources to the soap or they would rather handpick their candidate outside of the match/soap process. Pretty unethical but who can call them on it?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)