Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanford med studs
For the first year med students on here, ignore everything you read here and pursue your own dreams. It is all BS.
(03-21-2019, 11:00 PM)Guest Wrote: For the first year med students on here, ignore everything you read here and pursue your own dreams. It is all BS.

This site is unbelievably full of shit. Lots of weird egos and toxicity.

That being said, it’s useful for finding out when interview offers are coming out. There’s no reason to be on here otherwise unless you’re particularly interested in what Random Fourth Year Med Student’s opinion about a program he’s never seen in person is.
(03-21-2019, 11:05 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 11:00 PM)Guest Wrote: For the first year med students on here, ignore everything you read here and pursue your own dreams. It is all BS.

That being said, it’s useful for finding out when interview offers are coming out. There’s no reason to be on here otherwise unless you’re particularly interested in what Random Fourth Year Med Student’s opinion about a program he’s never seen in person is.

Your comment is funnier than you think, because this site gets filled with spam every day.
(03-21-2019, 11:05 PM)Guest Wrote:

This site is full of shit except for when it's not, and as someone who sub-i'd at Stanford this past year this thread is spot on.
What happened?
Stanford plays deceptive games with applicants to get them to rank it #1.
(03-23-2019, 03:31 PM)Guest Wrote: Stanford plays deceptive games with applicants to get them to rank it #1.

Hi.  I'm every program in the country.  Nice to meet you
(03-21-2019, 02:46 PM)Guest Wrote: Former sub-I here.

"far from optimal" ROTFL - it was horrific, but that was mainly down to two of the chiefs and one of the PGY2s. I agree that most of that negativity will wash out in July, but it still left a bad enough taste in people's mouths to affect this cycle.

Who was the PGY2?
(03-23-2019, 06:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 02:46 PM)Guest Wrote: Former sub-I here.

"far from optimal" ROTFL - it was horrific, but that was mainly down to two of the chiefs and one of the PGY2s. I agree that most of that negativity will wash out in July, but it still left a bad enough taste in people's mouths to affect this cycle.

Who was the PGY2?

It was a guy, and he had either graduated from Utah, MIT, or Morehouse. I don’t remember which.
senior resident at a high volume Midwest program. agreed with what was said above but with the caveat that the general caliber of med students, not just limited to those from the west coast, has nosedived in recent years such that softcore ill-prepared pushovers seem to be the norm.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)