Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanford med studs
(03-24-2019, 12:10 AM)Guest Wrote: senior resident at a high volume Midwest program. agreed with what was said above but with the caveat that the general caliber of med students, not just limited to those from the west coast, has nosedived in recent years such that softcore ill-prepared pushovers seem to be the norm.

*** senior citizen voice *** In my day, we walked 10 miles in the snow uphill both ways to the hospital.
(03-24-2019, 12:10 AM)Guest Wrote: senior resident at a high volume Midwest program. agreed with what was said above but with the caveat that the general caliber of med students, not just limited to those from the west coast, has nosedived in recent years such that softcore ill-prepared pushovers seem to be the norm.

Thanks for the mysoginistc comment

I pray every day i don't end up like you as a senior resident
Attending here. Listen snowflakes. You may not like what you hear, but your attitude is not congruent with neurosurgery. IDGAF your race/age/sex. Show up, get shit done, don't bitch, don't rock the boat. This is isn't peds. This isn't IM. This isn't psych. This is neurosurgery.
(03-24-2019, 07:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Attending here.  Listen snowflakes.  You may not like what you hear, but your attitude is not congruent with neurosurgery.  IDGAF your race/age/sex.  Show up, get shit done, don't bitch, don't rock the boat.  This is isn't peds.  This isn't IM. This isn't psych. This is neurosurgery.

Where are you an attending at? Just checking to make sure I don’t interview there.
(03-24-2019, 08:04 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 07:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Attending here.  Listen snowflakes.  You may not like what you hear, but your attitude is not congruent with neurosurgery.  IDGAF your race/age/sex.  Show up, get shit done, don't bitch, don't rock the boat.  This is isn't peds.  This isn't IM. This isn't psych. This is neurosurgery.

Where are you an attending at? Just checking to make sure I don’t interview there.

Here is the problem. This “attending” said s/he expects residents to work and get things taken care of. The snowflake responded that that won’t interview there bc their feelings might get hurt?
(03-24-2019, 03:39 PM)Guest Wrote:

Do you even know what 'misogynistic' means?
(03-24-2019, 08:04 PM)Guest Wrote:

Likewise, where are you a med student at?
(03-24-2019, 08:52 PM)Guest Wrote: Jesus the amount of entitlement coming from these med students is astounding. You may not want to hear it, but everything that has been said by attendings and residents is spot on. If you’re expecting to come into residency with the expectation that you’ll be dictating your own workload/hours and people just need to deal with it and accept your shitty attitude, then you’re in for a rude awakening. Attrition is real in this field, and if you’re the type to take offense easily, then I suggest you look elsewhere. Neurosurgery is not for you, and the folks who are already here don’t want you.

Entitlement? What are you talking about? No one here is disagreeing with you that they'll have to work hard and suck it up, but this "back in my day" and "kids these days are lazy" shit is obnoxious. No one's offended, you just sound like a douche bag. 

And while i'm putting in my 100+ hours/week i'd rather it not be around people like you who think they're giving "insight" when really it's just worthless, painfully obvious platitudes that are more annoying than helpful.
(03-24-2019, 08:38 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 03:39 PM)Guest Wrote:

Do you even know what 'misogynistic' means?

God, thank you. I didn't want to dignify that response with a comment initially but I thought the same thing, its actually misogynistic to assume that 'softcore ill-prepared pushovers' is a reference to women and highlights that person's internal bias towards women in surgery.

Also they are clearly softcore, ill-prepared, and can't spell Sad

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)