Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanford med studs
why does it seem like med students from Stanford don’t want to stay? Seems like their stronger applicants continue to go elsewhere...

Heard the subi experience this past year was far from optimal but still.
Far from optimal is putting it lightly if what I heard this year is true.
(03-20-2019, 02:33 PM)Guest Wrote: Far from optimal is putting it lightly if what I heard this year is true.

Do go on.
agree. Some really good residents at Stanford, but also more that a fair share of pricks
Mitch, is that you???
Did not rotate there myself but two good friends did- one this year, one last year. Both had nothing but horror stories. So bad that I declined their interview invite.
From what I heard the major problem was one of the chief residents. So it will soon not be a problem at all.
(03-20-2019, 06:39 PM)Guest Wrote: Did not rotate there myself but two good friends did- one this year, one last year. Both had nothing but horror stories. So bad that I declined their interview invite.

But still applied, eh
Former sub-I here.

"far from optimal" ROTFL - it was horrific, but that was mainly down to two of the chiefs and one of the PGY2s. I agree that most of that negativity will wash out in July, but it still left a bad enough taste in people's mouths to affect this cycle.
(03-21-2019, 01:57 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 06:39 PM)Guest Wrote: Did not rotate there myself but two good friends did- one this year, one last year. Both had nothing but horror stories. So bad that I declined their interview invite.

But still applied, eh

For the first year med students posting on here, ERAS is submitted to programs before most people are done with their away rotations.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)