Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCSF
(04-06-2019, 04:56 PM)Guest Wrote: How many SubIs rotate here at a time?

Way too many!
(04-06-2019, 06:07 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 04:56 PM)Guest Wrote: How many SubIs rotate here at a time?

Way too many!

Concur. You have to rotate to have any shot at all, but considering the excessive number of subinterns they take every year getting a subintern offer by no means reflects that you are likely to have a shot at matching there.
So I didn’t seem to get a rotation here... with how many they give out, I am a bit confused/discouraged why I didn’t hear back. Middle tier school, took time off to do a masters degreee. Not sure what went wrong. Any thoughts from those with more insight into this process?
(04-07-2019, 12:18 PM)Guest Wrote: So I didn’t seem to get a rotation here... with how many they give out, I am a bit confused/discouraged why I didn’t hear back. Middle tier school, took time off to do a masters degreee. Not sure what went wrong. Any thoughts from those with more insight into this process?

how many pubs?
5, but a lot of longterm research in the works
(04-07-2019, 01:03 PM)Guest Wrote: 5, but a lot of longterm research in the works

reality is the 5 is a low number for UCSF and NOONE cares about long term research if it's not published. Anyone can claim hey I have a nature paper coming up. that's doesn't mean jack shit unless you have a nature paper.

How was your step?
(04-07-2019, 01:38 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 01:03 PM)Guest Wrote: 5, but a lot of longterm research in the works

reality is the 5 is a low number for UCSF and NOONE cares about long term research if it's not published. Anyone can claim hey I have a nature paper coming up. that's doesn't mean jack shit unless you have a nature paper.

How was your step?

High 240s
So you're essentially an average applicant for neurosurgery. Which makes you below average for UCSF.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)