Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Regional Bias
How much does regional bias matter for Sub Is? If i have 1 out of my state will that be enough to not blacklist me if all other rotations are in the same state?
(04-08-2019, 08:01 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 09:17 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 02:25 AM)Guest Wrote: What have people heard about this rotation?

Malignant

How so? Maybe I will have to cross this one off of my list for next year

(04-08-2019, 09:34 PM)Feeling_Injury Wrote: How much does regional bias matter for Sub Is? If i have 1 out of my state will that be enough to not blacklist me if all other rotations are in the same state?

Depends. I think the letter from chair/PD at the program you rotate at will be more important than where you did the away, to some extent. Although if you go to med school in the northeast, and only do your one away outside of the state also in the northeast, don't expect many west coast interviews.

If you're from NYC and are a Columbia med student and do an away at NYU and another at Barrow and had strong letters from both, I don't think it would close any doors obviously. If you don't have a home program, do one rotation at your nearest in-state program, and only one other away, I think that could close some doors i.e if you're from Rosalind Franklin, do a rotation at Rush and then do an away out-of-state.
I do t think it’s such a severe cutoff. I rotated in the northeast and southeast only and still got 3 Cali interviews, UW, OHSU, and all my Texas interviews. Average step one
(04-09-2019, 07:36 AM)Guest Wrote: I do t think it’s such a severe cutoff. I rotated in the northeast and southeast only and still got 3 Cali interviews, UW, OHSU, and all my Texas interviews. Average step one

Sure but did you have letters from well-connected chairs or come from a top med school?
(04-09-2019, 08:15 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 07:36 AM)Guest Wrote: I do t think it’s such a severe cutoff. I rotated in the northeast and southeast only and still got 3 Cali interviews, UW, OHSU, and all my Texas interviews. Average step one

Sure but did you have letters from well-connected chairs or come from a top med school?

Yes to the former

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)