Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tennessee
(04-27-2019, 08:54 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 10:59 PM)Guest Wrote: Neither site is great if you want to open up to midwest or south. I'd say you'd have a better experience at a WashU, UAB, Emory type program. Nashville is a cooler city and residents are less hard-nosed there than at UT. Memphis is a horrid place to live.

I'd beg to differ research is weak at Vandy, especially with the addition of Englot who's one of the better junior faculty in the country. Clinical experience and autonomy (all jokes aside) is better at UT. Boop is a better letter writer and is more renown than Thompson. Thompson is notorious for 2-3 sentence rec letters like all Hopkins grads are. Idk Lola Chambless, but she seems to have a presence among the younger neurosurgeons and on social media.

Social media presence?  Is this the new barometer measuring programs?

Yup. Dr.Death..remember him, UT product
(04-28-2019, 03:39 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 10:59 PM)Guest Wrote: Neither site is great if you want to open up to midwest or south. I'd say you'd have a better experience at a WashU, UAB, Emory type program. Nashville is a cooler city and residents are less hard-nosed there than at UT. Memphis is a horrid place to live.

I'd beg to differ research is weak at Vandy, especially with the addition of Englot who's one of the better junior faculty in the country. Clinical experience and autonomy (all jokes aside) is better at UT. Boop is a better letter writer and is more renown than Thompson. Thompson is notorious for 2-3 sentence rec letters like all Hopkins grads are. Idk Lola Chambless, but she seems to have a presence among the younger neurosurgeons and on social media.

No I meant Dr.Chambless is popular amongst the younger neurosurgeons who are on Twitter
(04-28-2019, 03:52 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 03:39 PM)Guest Wrote:

No I meant Dr.Chambless is popular amongst the younger neurosurgeons who are on Twitter

and what is that supposed to mean about the program?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)