Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAMC
Hello all, what are ya'lls thoughts on my overall chances of getting a job next year with my current stats assuming nothing else changes btw now and eras submission. 
Step 1 255+
Step 2 255+
Preclinical - All Honors
Clinical - All Honors
AOA at mid-tier state school
Research - 2 first author from undergrad, 2 posters from med school, all non-nsgy related 
Anticipation letters to be just okay, nothing exceptional but no red flags either.
Will be doing 2 aways at midtier programs.
Decided on NSG late 3rd year

Any general advice would be much appreciated
You'll match unless your aways go poorly. Why do you say your letters are going to be okay? Home letters are good but generic most of the time. The lack of neurosurgery research is going to hurt unless those are basic science papers in good journals.
(05-06-2019, 11:52 PM)Guest Wrote: You'll match unless your aways go poorly. Why do you say your letters are going to be okay? Home letters are good but generic most of the time. The lack of neurosurgery research is going to hurt unless those are basic science papers in good journals.

Yh, i meant generic. Research is basic science but in shitty journals. Lol
(05-07-2019, 02:30 PM)Nandi Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 11:52 PM)Guest Wrote: You'll match unless your aways go poorly. Why do you say your letters are going to be okay? Home letters are good but generic most of the time. The lack of neurosurgery research is going to hurt unless those are basic science papers in good journals.

Yh, i meant generic. Research is basic science but in shitty journals. Lol

You'll be fine. At worst you might match at your home program.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)