Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NW/Rush
How does the trauma/operative volume in general vary between NW, Rush, UChicago, UIC?
Bump. Any recent thoughts on the relative strengths of the Chicago programs? Thx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2LlegN0Wb4
Very little trauma at Rush. Most of it goes across the street to Cook County.
(12-09-2020, 01:33 AM)Guest Wrote: Very little trauma at Rush. Most of it goes across the street to Cook County.

I was under the impression Cook was a part of Rush, or at least residents rotated there? Pls correct me if I’m wrong
Rush does cover cook county. Last cook county resident is graduating this year so it’ll just be rush residents there for at least the next 5yr. So rush does see a good amount of trauma because of cook county rotations with the Eisenhower expressway being literally 500ft from their door
Northwestern has been getting up there in terms of cool exposures and cases. The residents who didnt really spend 2 years doing things that were jack-all related to neurosurgery, and instead of focused on their surgical skills, were immensely impressive in the OR.
All Chicago programs are either Level 1 trauma in their main hospital (NMH, Loyola, UofC) or their residents cover one (UIC goes to Advocate Christ, Rush runs the Cook County service and also sends 1 resident to Lutheran General). Plenty of GCS 3 GSWs, cSDH on ESRD and GLF with VCFs for everybody.
Lol what trauma does NMH see?
(12-10-2020, 12:13 PM)Guest Wrote: Lol what trauma does NMH see?

Several things, including: gunshot wounds, diarrhea, stomach aches, MVC, the occasional SJS, TEN, the classics you know.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)