Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only One Away?
My schedule is pretty tight with home required courses etc. I may only be able to do one away, along with my home Sub-I. How much will this hurt me? 

250 Step 1. 5 actual publications (3 Neuro, 2 first author), 15+ abstracts/posters, etc. Top-ranked med school. Appreciate the input...
You'll be alright man! Just figure out where your letters a gonna come from.
(05-16-2019, 09:59 AM)Undecided Wrote: My schedule is pretty tight with home required courses etc. I may only be able to do one away, along with my home Sub-I. How much will this hurt me? 

250 Step 1. 5 actual publications (3 Neuro, 2 first author), 15+ abstracts/posters, etc. Top-ranked med school. Appreciate the input...

don't worry about it
(05-16-2019, 11:24 AM)Guest Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 09:59 AM)Undecided Wrote: My schedule is pretty tight with home required courses etc. I may only be able to do one away, along with my home Sub-I. How much will this hurt me? 

don't worry about it

Sweet. Appreciate the reply, thanks man
For every 10 points your Step 1 score is above 240, you can subtract one away rotation. So 250 only 1 is needed, 260 you don't need to do any. Good luck!
I'd talk to your PD or chairman about this. Your school should be flexible enough to not hinder your residency chances.
You'll match. If you're at a place with a big name chair and PD there's two letters and then you just need one away letter. Is there no way you can do a late away rotation in November or December? It would be too late for a letter but could still serve as an audition rotation.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)