Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life event and SubIs
I'm in a tough situation with getting letters and big life events. I am coming off my research year in June, have my home SubI in July and getting married in August and my first away is in September. I have a top home program and my chair and PD are highly regarded. Is it okay to ask for my letter on the second week of the away? I have a professional relationship with the PD at my first away from conferences and meetings. Planning to get my October letter as my 4th letter on ERAS or get it forwarded to the programs I'm applying to.

I have 255+ Step 1 and 2, 2 basic science papers from my research year, 10+ clinical papers. AOA at a top med school.
Last year I asked for my letter at end of 2nd week so it was written during the third and turned in like two days before ERAS submission. No issues, but make it a point to get good time in with them the first two weeks before you ask.
(05-18-2019, 12:17 PM)Guest Wrote: Last year I asked for my letter at end of 2nd week so it was written during the third and turned in like two days before ERAS submission. No issues, but make it a point to get good time in with them the first two weeks before you ask.

Sweet thanks. I figured it's not a big deal.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)