Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving or up and coming programs
Lower to mid tier applicant here. I'm interested if there are any programs out there that people believe are unfairly maligned, but are actually decent programs or programs that are making big strides in improving themselves. What programs out there would I aim to match into that may be much better in 5 years from now than they are considered at the moment?
Got the feeling that Louisville and Henry Ford are up and coming. The chairs are both MGH guys and have pretty clear plans/goals for where their programs will go, and can inspire and articulate well. I felt like Beth Israel also will be pretty sweet in a few years time once they get more residents. Can’t veat having access to the Harvard network. Top of the list in my opinion though is Carolinas. Not sure how the life is there but I guarantee they will be a top program in the next decade.
WAYNE STATE
I’ll add Cincinnati- was a well respected program that went through a rough patch with the split from Mayfield. But their chair is an amazing guy, and I have heard from residents that their volume is pretty much back to what it was pre-split
(05-20-2019, 11:56 AM)Guest Wrote: Lower to mid tier applicant here. I'm interested if there are any programs out there that people believe are unfairly maligned, but are actually decent programs or programs that are making big strides in improving themselves. What programs out there would I aim to match into that may be much better in 5 years from now than they are considered at the moment?

Are you that DO student who asked the same thing like 4 times now?
I thought Rutgers, Louisville, MCG/Augusta and MUSC were pretty solid on the trail this year.
(05-20-2019, 09:04 PM)Guest Wrote: I thought Rutgers, Louisville, MCG/Augusta and MUSC were pretty solid on the trail this year.

Musc lost a ton of  attendings so disagree
I think Valle will bring a lot to MCG, but I was underwhelmed at my interview there.
(05-20-2019, 07:22 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 11:56 AM)Guest Wrote: Lower to mid tier applicant here. I'm interested if there are any programs out there that people believe are unfairly maligned, but are actually decent programs or programs that are making big strides in improving themselves. What programs out there would I aim to match into that may be much better in 5 years from now than they are considered at the moment?

You already know it is haha
(05-21-2019, 10:45 AM)Guest Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 07:22 PM)Guest Wrote:

You already know it is haha

If you're a DO you'll be lucky to get interviews

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)