Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Late Sub Is
My first sub i ends mid September and my second rotation ends in mid October. Should I ask for 2 home letters (mid july to mid august) and get a letter from my first away and update all the programs after i get my October letter? Or try to get 2 letters from my 1st away?
2 home letters, one away letter for ERAS initial submission is good. Then add your second away letter for interviews. ERAS letters can be added anytime.

Also consider your home program and where your first away is. If you're at a small home program with a young chair and PD that are "up and coming" but are doing an away at a big established place like a Barrow/UCSF/Pitt/JHU where the chair and PD are big names then getting two letters may be beneficial (i.e. one home letter then two away).
As for the letter from your second away, you should email program coordinators (from programs that either have already extended you interview invitations or have yet to invite/reject you) to notify them as soon as your last letter has been uploaded it to ERAS. Programs respond well to this, and it's the only way to ensure that the additional letter is added to your application at their institution.
Should letter's be in by Sept 15? my sub i ends after that. Hope to have it in by oct 1..
Plenty of people ask early. They are expecting it.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)