Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letters from September Sub-Is
Hi all,

I'm wondering what the general approach is to getting an LoR from a September Sub-I, in regards to getting at least a letter in by 09/15, vs getting a (presumably) stronger letter later in the rotation (I'm thinking to have it in before 10/01, when MSPE letters go out).  I know it's a big red flag not to have an LoR from a sub-i, so getting 4 from elsewhere is not really an option.

Thanks in advance!
I have a sub-I scheduled that ends right before Sept. 15th. I was planning on asking the coordinator about two weeks in what the protocol is....or may ask a resident and feel it out. Im assuming they will be understanding about getting it submitted before Sept. 15?
Can you have 3 letters from elsewhere by September 15? If not then ask early. I don't think a letter from a chair or PD will be that much stronger from 2 weeks more especially considering FaceTime is relatively limited
I would get it early because last year interview invites started rolling out in late September
I’m in the same situation - my home PD recommended to grt 3 from home and 1 from my first sub-i, all to be in by 09/15. The letter from my 3rd sub-i will go out as a ‘supplemental’ 5th letter that I’ll ask program coordinators to add to my file.

Yeah, facetime with attendings is low but it’s extra exposure to residents, whose opinions may contribute to the letter.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)