Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truth?
Is neurosurgery really that difficult of a specialty to match into? I read all over sdn, Reddit, and here, and it makes neurosurgery seem like the hardest specialty to match into... i was just looking for a down to earth answer of the difficulty of matching... I greatly appreciate it as I’m a rising M2...
(07-14-2019, 06:54 PM)Guest Wrote: Is neurosurgery really that difficult of a specialty to match into? I read all over sdn, Reddit, and here, and it makes neurosurgery seem like the hardest specialty to match into... i was just looking for a down to earth answer of the difficulty of matching... I greatly appreciate it as I’m a rising M2...

work hard and you'll match! it's not terribly hard to match into neurosurgery If you dont care where you match and apply broadly
I don't think it's as hard as derm, ortho, plastics, ENT but you'll still have to try really damn hard to build the CV that PDs are looking for. The research component is the most difficult and is highly dependent on home program and your own research pedigree in terms of graduate degree/time off/pubs from undergrad. A sizable amount of applicants take a year off or have a PhD.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)