Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turf Wars
(03-03-2021, 08:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 07:39 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 04:15 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 01:21 PM)Guest Wrote: interventional neuroradiology, radiation oncology, nuclear medicine, ortho spine... can’t all of these specialties breach into neurosurgery and take our patients away and take away a large portion of our salary? This worries me for the future...

For the most part, these specialties were the first ones on the scene and Neurosurgeons have taken over their patient populations, not the other way around. We're moving into peripheral nerve next.

I'd go further and say that Psychiatry certainly isn't safe. Lots of burgeoning interest in the functional neurosurgery field for applications in OCD, depression, anorexia, Alzheimer's disease...

Lol are you serious? Neurosurgery is generally only reserved for the refractory cases. FOH with trying to claim that NS would try to sell functional surgery as a viable alternative to medication.

A simple 'wrong' would have done just fine

^What you've just said is one fo the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it
(03-03-2021, 08:56 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:27 PM)Guest Wrote: For the most part, these specialties were the first ones on the scene and Neurosurgeons have taken over their patient populations, not the other way around. We're moving into peripheral nerve next.

I'd go further and say that Psychiatry certainly isn't safe. Lots of burgeoning interest in the functional neurosurgery field for applications in OCD, depression, anorexia, Alzheimer's disease...

Lol are you serious? Neurosurgery is generally only reserved for the refractory cases. FOH with trying to claim that NS would try to sell functional surgery as a viable alternative to medication.

^What you've just said is one fo the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul
(03-03-2021, 08:59 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:56 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 04:15 PM)Guest Wrote: I'd go further and say that Psychiatry certainly isn't safe. Lots of burgeoning interest in the functional neurosurgery field for applications in OCD, depression, anorexia, Alzheimer's disease...

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul

W
[Image: oldschool.gif]
(07-26-2019, 01:21 PM)Guest Wrote: interventional neuroradiology, radiation oncology, nuclear medicine, ortho spine... can’t all of these specialties breach into neurosurgery and take our patients away and take away a large portion of our salary? This worries me for the future...

For the most part, these specialties were the first ones on the scene and Neurosurgeons have taken over their patient populations, not the other way around. We're moving into peripheral nerve next.

Good point. Fundamentally, neurosurgeons are smarter, harder working and more innovative than the other guys, so the other gents are outcompete. Rad oncs, for instance, go into the field specifically for the good hours and lifestyle.

Just goes to show who won't be advancing the field of neurosurgery. Every innovation was experimental at some point.
(03-03-2021, 11:34 PM)Guest Wrote:

Just goes to show who won't be advancing the field of neurosurgery. Every innovation was experimental at some point.

I'm curious, do you think surgery should be a first line treatment for psychiatric illnesses?
(03-04-2021, 01:21 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 11:34 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 02:27 PM)Guest Wrote: For the most part, these specialties were the first ones on the scene and Neurosurgeons have taken over their patient populations, not the other way around. We're moving into peripheral nerve next.

I'm curious, do you think surgery should be a first line treatment for psychiatric illnesses?
No, it will never be
(03-03-2021, 09:14 PM)Incompetent neurosurgeon Wrote:

Good point. Fundamentally, neurosurgeons are smarter, harder working and more innovative than the other guys, so the other gents are outcompete. Rad oncs, for instance, go into the field specifically for the good hours and lifestyle.

Ummm I wouldn't state this as fact. INR guys invented those procedures, so are def "innovative." Rad Onc's are also typically very smart. It's more about controlling the patient's, which is the advantage neurosurg has.

Duh. You think insurance companies are gonna pay for your surgery if you haven’t tried conservative management yet? Think harder next time you recommend surgery for someone.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)