Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Neurosurgery in the States
Hello all,

Through my message, i will be asking you if i have a chance to get a PGY-1 Neurosurgery position in the USA.
I am a PGY-1 Neurosurgery resident.
Me and my family are moving to the States soon. I was about to apply for research (paid) position for 2 years in a program there.
I have a good CV with a lot of volunteer work and research experience and waiting the submission of several papers.
I did one year of prelim general surgery in an ACGME-i accredited program in the middle east with 6 months of Neurosurgery rotation that allowed me to take several recommendation letters from different American Board Drs. 
The problem is that i got 207 on my step 1 done in Med 1. It was too early. 
I heard about the possibility of making it pass/fail then.
Can you give me your kind recommendations to know about the possibilty of applying to the NS program after years of research and maybe prelim general surgery?

Thank you
bro.. 207 and FMG..innnnfff said
Basically no chance you are better off first completing a residency in neurosurgery in another country and then trying your luck.
Do you think that completing a residency in another country will increase his chances?
A 207 is a nail in the coffin even for a US MD PhD graduate. You could wait several years for your USMLE score to expire but that it shady.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)