Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open PGY3/4 neurosurgery residency positions
Well I mean honestly exactly the reasons the person 2 replies previous highlighted - people who have no insight are more dangerous than dumb people who know they're dumb. Usually the off-the-wall resident will get away with it simply because no one launches a formal complaint about it, the other residents just write him off as a dick / whatever and try to avoid him or talk shit about him behind his back. Attendings are a completely different ball-game from residents, they're in the HR realm, not GME for one. Also, they're money makers for the hospital and usually enjoy the reverence from the nursing / OR staff the comes with being an attending, while residents are seen as equals or lesser in the hierarchy.

The short answer is that being un-teachable or lacking self-awareness is more likely to piss of the attendings and make them not trust you , which means more work for them. The second you become more work to police than you provide in terms of patient care, you're no longer an asset to the department and they're less likely to let things slide.

Speaking of....Who's got the inside track on an open position for a let-go upper level resident with insight!?!?!? eh???
I can relate to the principal poster. Yes and that is what is unfair. I could list names and the specific things that people have done or do that are way worse with professionalism or communication than me both at the attending and resident level. So the issue isn’t more or less professional, it’s just being targeted out. But the others are protected because they are well liked in the department because they are extroverted. I’m an introvert and quiet and do my own thing. I don’t get invited to the Outside hospital resident parties etc. I don’t know why and it makes me sad. We worked over 100+ hours and I was reporting our program to ACGME, coincidentally is when the program started getting against me even though I was actually on very good behavior and skills. I was trying to get our program to comply because of resident wellness, the hours are ridiculous and other countries aren’t nearly as bad.
I reported a negative work environment to my PD and was consequently fired using some previous incidents.

I realized that I made a mistake. We know what neurosurgery is going in - malignant, extreme hours, and tough. These are the things we agree to when we go into this field. Somewhere along the way, we forget this, and also forget our place.

You fucked up, as did I. Your situation sounds even worse though - reporting a program to ACGME...what did you expect...

And one other thing - the principal poster in this thread asked about vacancies. You are the 'principal poster' that this current conversation revolves around, and it is strange and bizarre that you would be pose as a different person that is agreeing. Almost like you are talking to yourself...in such pathologic levels of denial and lack of self-awareness.

You post all the same things and phrases repeatedly, for the last 6 months now. 'introvert', 'quiet and do my own thing', 'other people have done way worse', 'i cant list things that others have done,' comparing your behavior to other ATTENDINGS, 'unfair'

The most bizarre facet is that every time there is some changing factor in the story....ugh
Lol homie reported his program to the ACGME and is wondering why he got fired??? Hilarious...

You’re never touching Neurosurgery again bud. Time to face the facts. Why don’t you pick a more lifestyle friendly specialty like family medicine or geriatrics?
I feel like this thread kinda lost the plot...
sounds like a bunch of bitter folks. pity you all.
Apply to family med in some rural location. Assuming you speak English I'm sure some desperate program will take you. Or you could try opening a medical marijuana shop in some permissive state. I bet there's good money in it if you hand out licenses like candy.
(06-24-2020, 09:52 PM)Guest Wrote: I reported a negative work environment to my PD and was consequently fired using some previous incidents.

I realized that I made a mistake. We know what neurosurgery is going in - malignant, extreme hours, and tough. These are the things we agree to when we go into this field. Somewhere along the way, we forget this, and also forget our place.

You fucked up, as did I. Your situation sounds even worse though - reporting a program to ACGME...what did you expect...

And one other thing - the principal poster in this thread asked about vacancies. You are the 'principal poster' that this current conversation revolves around, and it is strange and bizarre that you would be pose as a different person that is agreeing. Almost like you are talking to yourself...in such pathologic levels of denial and lack of self-awareness.

You post all the same things and phrases repeatedly, for the last 6 months now. 'introvert', 'quiet and do my own thing', 'other people have done way worse', 'i cant list things that others have done,' comparing your behavior to other ATTENDINGS, 'unfair'

The most bizarre facet is that every time there is some changing factor in the story....ugh

This times 1000. I would also point out that at in your situation you went to the PD directly, which makes it incredibly fucked up they wouldn't just hash it out with you and say "take it or leave it". The fact they fired you for raising something in good faith is stupid. Going over someone's head to the ACGME is the kind of move someone with zero insight makes, dude probably signed his name to the letter too. Might as well have fired himself.

(06-24-2020, 10:23 PM)Guest Wrote: Apply to family med in some rural location. Assuming you speak English I'm sure some desperate program will take you. Or you could try opening a medical marijuana shop in some permissive state. I bet there's good money in it if you hand out licenses like candy.

best revenge OP can get isn't success, its becoming a PCP in the same area as the program that scorned him and then referring all the worker's comp patients and non-operative back pain patients. Clog their clinics with scut and choke out their RVUs, that's the best revenge (and it only takes half the time of a neurosurgery residency to boot!)
To bring this back on track.

There are clearly 1 or 2 individuals who keep resurrecting this topic in various threads. It's not possible to craft a response that's going to solve your problem or make you happy.

There are clearly larger issues here that deserve addressing. If your family or close friends can't or won't help, you need the help of a professional. Yes, there are injustices in the workplace and you may or may not have been a victim of one. If you want to spend the time and money on a legal fight to get back your job - if your dream is worth that to you - then go try. But plenty of responses on this board have laid out the harsh reality of the situation and another 5, 10, or 20 iterations are not going to add anything.

Your situation sucks, but we are not going to be able to help you. Be an adult, leverage your resources, and get the help you need to get back on your feet.
Clearly doesn't want help. Wants sympathy, victimhood, and telling him that he was right and did absolutely nothing wrong...looking for enablers on the internet

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)