Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chairs Shuffling
(05-03-2019, 08:41 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 12:25 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 11:35 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 12:23 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 05:18 AM)Guest Wrote: Aghi to Stanford

Somewhat believable but where's the proof?

Inside source here. We are trying to get him from Berger's clan. We need another Gary Steinberg and Aghi's trajectory seems to be like Steinberg's.

Could see Aghi being considered for UCSF chair as well although it seems that Chang is the heir apparent.

Who's taking Grady's job at Penn? Penn could also be looking for a proven mid-career chair/vice-chair (like an Aghi) to attract considering they have a dichotomy of early career and late career faculty internally.
Aghi and chair? really?

Aghi is THE man! Highly productive, humble being and very approachable. He would be a phenomenal chair at UCSF or other likewise top program! Any program for that matter!
(05-04-2019, 12:30 PM)Guest Wrote: Who's taking over at Hopkins

Who said anything is happening at Hopkins
(05-04-2019, 03:00 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 11:35 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 12:23 PM)Guest Wrote: Somewhat believable but where's the proof?

Inside source here. We are trying to get him from Berger's clan. We need another Gary Steinberg and Aghi's trajectory seems to be like Steinberg's.

Could see Aghi being considered for UCSF chair as well although it seems that Chang is the heir apparent.

Who's taking Grady's job at Penn? Penn could also be looking for a proven mid-career chair/vice-chair (like an Aghi) to attract considering they have a dichotomy of early career and late career faculty internally.
Aghi and chair? really?

Aghi is THE man! Highly productive, humble being and very approachable. He would be a phenomenal chair at UCSF or other likewise top program! Any program for that matter!

Second this. Aghi is a gentleman and one of the most genuine, likable people in medicine that I've come across. Any program would be lucky to have him as chair.
(05-05-2019, 01:43 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 11:35 PM)Guest Wrote: Inside source here. We are trying to get him from Berger's clan. We need another Gary Steinberg and Aghi's trajectory seems to be like Steinberg's.

Aghi and chair? really?

Second this. Aghi is a gentleman and one of the most genuine, likable people in medicine that I've come across. Any program would be lucky to have him as chair.
+1 During my subI last year, he was the most gentlemanly of all at UCSF, not that others were rude or ungentlemanly.
I agree,  he could make an phenomenal chair and any program would be lucky to have him
(05-05-2019, 03:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 12:25 PM)Guest Wrote: Could see Aghi being considered for UCSF chair as well although it seems that Chang is the heir apparent.

Aghi and chair? really?

+1 During my subI last year, he was the most gentlemanly of all at UCSF, not that others were rude or ungentlemanly.
I agree,  he could make an phenomenal chair and any program would be lucky to have him

Aghi for president?
(05-06-2019, 08:11 AM)Guest Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 03:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 08:41 PM)Guest Wrote: Aghi and chair? really?

Aghi for president?

To be honest he would make a better candidate than most of the people in the race. Kind and absolutely brilliant guy
Any updates on the upcoming chairs at U of Chicago, UPenn, Stanford, Indiana University, Wayne State and U of New Mexico?
wayne state chairmanship. brilliant
(07-15-2019, 08:33 PM)Guest Wrote: Any updates on the upcoming chairs at U of Chicago, UPenn, Stanford, Indiana University, Wayne State and U of New Mexico?

Quite a few chairs in the later part of their careers. Putting UW, Michigan, Brigham, Emory on that list.
Shelly Timmons to be IU Chair

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)