Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chairs Shuffling
(01-13-2021, 09:33 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 12:31 PM)Guest Wrote: ^ Much better answer than "money". Still tho to be making career moves when more than half of your living years have been spent at a single institution means that the grass must have been pretty damn green over at UNC

I get the impression that Oyesiku has been receiving chair offers for a while and likely was just a little bit more choosy in trying to find his best fit. Happy for him, kinda cool to hear the news

at least lots of interviews
(01-12-2021, 04:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 05:54 AM)Guest Wrote: Haglund has been there for decades. An assistant PD wanted to try it for a year to potentially take over but decided it was more work than expected.

This is unlikely. You only step down as PD after 1 year if you're asked to. Pre-interview I asked my friends at other programs and they heard similar rumors as I did. Who knows, but he's not even listed as an associate or assistant PD any more so there's probably some truth to the rumors.

Peter Fecci is marrying a medical student that was subordinate to him. So, given the sketchy optics they gave the job back to Haglund.
Lol spicy
(01-07-2021, 08:36 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:01 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 12:00 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 10:48 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 06:05 AM)Guest Wrote: What is happening with Duke?

They will have a new PD and Chair in the next couple years

What happen to current PD?
Haglund is still there but I think that the plan is that one of the assistant PDs will take over the role and he'll stay on faculty, working more on the surgical autonomy and international neurosurgery programs that he started.

why did he take over as the PD from the prior PD?

Also why did Sampson step down?
(01-22-2021, 01:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:36 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:01 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 12:00 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 10:48 AM)Guest Wrote: They will have a new PD and Chair in the next couple years

What happen to current PD?
Haglund is still there but I think that the plan is that one of the assistant PDs will take over the role and he'll stay on faculty, working more on the surgical autonomy and international neurosurgery programs that he started.

why did he take over as the PD from the prior PD?

Also why did Sampson step down?
He got named head of their physician group. Guy is crushing it on the career advancement stage. http://dukecancerinstitute.org/news/samp...rship-role
Nader Pouratian to UTSW
Sure but that’s only because it’s trendy for Californians to move to Texas right now
Pouratian is a tremendous addition to UTSW, whatever they lacked in functional or research they just gained 1000 times over. Nice guy too
(01-15-2021, 07:38 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 04:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 05:54 AM)Guest Wrote: Haglund has been there for decades. An assistant PD wanted to try it for a year to potentially take over but decided it was more work than expected.

This is unlikely. You only step down as PD after 1 year if you're asked to. Pre-interview I asked my friends at other programs and they heard similar rumors as I did. Who knows, but he's not even listed as an associate or assistant PD any more so there's probably some truth to the rumors.

Peter Fecci is marrying a medical student that was subordinate to him. So, given the sketchy optics they gave the job back to Haglund.
Aghi to Duke I hear
Kris Kahle to MGH - not as chair but a big addition to Boston

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)