Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step1
Happy Thanksgiving y'all! 
Quick question about Step 1. I scheduled my exam for the last week of April. I am planning to use BB, UFAP, USMLE Rx Qmax, Amboss question bank, and Sketchy. Do you guys think this is being ambitious? Thank you in advance!
(11-28-2019, 05:44 PM)JustM2 Wrote: Happy Thanksgiving y'all! 
Quick question about Step 1. I scheduled my exam for the last week of April. I am planning to use BB, UFAP, USMLE Rx Qmax, Amboss question bank, and Sketchy. Do you guys think this is being ambitious? Thank you in advance!

If you are allowed the proper 6-8 weeks prior for dedicated study then it doesn't matter if you take it in April, most do in May/June anyways.

I would focus much more on UFAP + Sketchy, supplement with those other resources
(11-28-2019, 06:16 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 05:44 PM)JustM2 Wrote: Happy Thanksgiving y'all! 

If you are allowed the proper 6-8 weeks prior for dedicated study then it doesn't matter if you take it in April, most do in May/June anyways.

I would focus much more on UFAP + Sketchy, supplement with those other resources

Agreed
I would ditch USMLE Rx. Between UWorld and Amboss you have ~5000 questions, not sure how many more one could reasonably do while studying (assuming you start before dedicated -- still a stretch then, too). I used BB and First Aid together (annotated xtra notes from the videos into the FA book) to try to develop a working understanding of the physiology/pathophys and found this combo very helpful. Sketchy is gold, as is pathoma; memorize as much of those as you can.

All of this being said, you've got ~200 hours of videos and ~5000 questions ahead of you. Take the time to build a good, solid study plan that you can actually complete in your allotted time. Biting off more than you can chew will just stress you out and/or you'll burn yourself out trying to do too much.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)