Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn
Honestly, an amazing experience. 1 week at CHOP, 1 week at Pennsylvania hospital (the outpt hospital) and 2 weeks at HUP (the main hospital). They also try to send you once a week to the trauma hospital or clinic. Call at HUP Q4 and they expect you to stay till around 10 am the next day. You usually get a few hours of sleep in a chair per call. The residents are very nice and will go out of their way to buy you lunch/dinner. The attendings also go out of their way to talk to you and get to know you. The hours are great. Honestly, the best experience I had of any Sub I. The operative experience was top notch and I was allowed to do more than at my home institution. I plan on ranking them very highly.
Any recent rotators?
(04-20-2018, 09:58 PM)Guest Wrote: Any recent rotators?

bump
any one rotate here this cycle can share their experience?
has anyone heard back from penn subI?
(04-04-2019, 11:41 AM)Guest Wrote: has anyone heard back from penn subI?

Applied for a spot in August and got an e-mail today saying there are no spots.
Didn't get a spot here either. 259 Step 1, junior AOA, 10 papers (all clinical), mid-tier medical school.
(04-29-2019, 08:16 PM)Guest Wrote: Didn't get a spot here either. 259 Step 1, junior AOA, 10 papers (all clinical), mid-tier medical school.

wow seriously? did you get a spot anywhere else??
It isn’t stats that they use to determine who gets it. I applied and got it, 241, no AOA, 5 clinical 2 bench papers.
(04-30-2019, 12:26 AM)Guest Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 08:16 PM)Guest Wrote: Didn't get a spot here either. 259 Step 1, junior AOA, 10 papers (all clinical), mid-tier medical school.

wow seriously? did you get a spot anywhere else??

I applied for a competitive month and didn't ask for other options. I got sub-is at similar caliber programs so I'm not bitter.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)