Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fired residents
(09-23-2017, 10:56 PM)Guest Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 04:48 PM)guest2 Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 07:44 PM)Guest Wrote: That barrow resident took a year off for research with Bob Carter and is going somewhere in the ut system for residency.

nope hes in miami

Doing pre residency fellowship

Isn't that what his research year was about?
bunch of fucking gossiping little cunts around here

find something better to do with your time
Anyone know of anyone getting fired this year?
rumor has it that ucsf is firing 2 residents. second hand knowledge. don't hold me to it
FAKE NEWS!
(12-05-2017, 06:41 PM)Guest Wrote: FAKE NEWS!

there's definitely 1 resident who got asked to resign. this resident is a friend of mine
How come most specialties will help you enter a diff specialty if they fire you but nsgy just throws you out on your ass?

I know the resident who left barrow a year or two back and I think he rematched but he clawed his way back in. Can't imagine that happening to most people with any future success. Seems cold that nsg doesn't help residents who ended up being the wrong fit
(12-09-2017, 08:02 PM)Guest Wrote: How come most specialties will help you enter a diff specialty if they fire you but nsgy just throws you out on your ass?

I know the resident who left barrow a year or two back and I think he rematched but he clawed his way back in. Can't imagine that happening to most people with any future success. Seems cold that nsg doesn't help residents who ended up being the wrong fit

This depends on the resident and the program. 

I know some residents who switched specialties, but were actually fired.  The program helped them get another position so it looked better for both parties.  The ones who are left on their ass are likely making trouble for themselves.  Once  the writing is on the wall that it's not going to work out there are two options.  Accept your fate and work with the program to get somewhere else, or fight it.  The former results in a parallel transfer within neurosurgery or to another field.  The latter results in getting stopped out.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)