Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 1 Studying
M1 here

On this quarantine grind, constantly bored as online classes don't take much time. Want to make some of my time productive by starting some basic prep for Step 1 information. Thought about reviewing and getting materials together for things like biochemistry topics that were specifically covered at beginning of M1 and won't really be covered again. 

What type of resources would be best at this point? Pathoma, boards and beyond, just first aid? Any help is appreciated. 

Would prefer to avoid the "don't study for step 1 rn" comments. Also working on data collection for a research project currently so am helping myself in that way too.
The "Zanki" anki deck to my understanding has broken step 1 and many people in the last two years at my med school have gotten 265+ by relying on that heavily
(03-24-2020, 06:42 PM)Guest Wrote: The "Zanki" anki deck to my understanding has broken step 1 and many people in the last two years at my med school have gotten 265+ by relying on that heavily

always been anti-anki for some reason but it is about time to bow before the Anki gods and offer my life in return for 265
(03-24-2020, 06:30 PM)Guest Wrote: M1 here

On this quarantine grind, constantly bored as online classes don't take much time. Want to make some of my time productive by starting some basic prep for Step 1 information. Thought about reviewing and getting materials together for things like biochemistry topics that were specifically covered at beginning of M1 and won't really be covered again. 

What type of resources would be best at this point? Pathoma, boards and beyond, just first aid? Any help is appreciated. 

Would prefer to avoid the "don't study for step 1 rn" comments. Also working on data collection for a research project currently so am helping myself in that way too.

Uworld (two full pass), USMLE-Rx Qbank and videos (one full pass), Pathoma (two full pass), Sketchy Micro+Pharm (two full pass), Firecracker (in downtime), Boards and Beyond for more difficult topics, First-Aid (sparsely). - 264

At this point with how competitive it has gotten there is no question that you should be spending all available time on step 1
(03-24-2020, 06:53 PM)Guest Wrote:

Uworld (two full pass), USMLE-Rx Qbank and videos (one full pass), Pathoma (two full pass), Sketchy Micro+Pharm (two full pass), Firecracker (in downtime), Boards and Beyond for more difficult topics, First-Aid (sparsely). - 264
so at this point, ~13/14 mo from the test would you suggest purchasing uworld? my school provides it m2 year so ill get it in a few months. What would be the best use of money right now?
Most recommend saving uworld for dedicated time and using a secondary bank like ex beforehand
In my opinion, Pathoma is the best starting point. It involves understanding, moreso than memorization, and his way of explaining concepts sets a foundation for all other resources. I would buy pathoma, read the chapter, then take notes while you watch the video for that chapter. Try to do 2 chapters/week and really make sure you're absorbing it all.
Isn't step p/np for MS1s?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)