Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just matching
how hard is it to just match, not caring about where you go? How hard will this be when step 1 becomes pass fail ?
Also interested ^^
You don't "just" match into Neurosurgery. From the top rated programs, to the least popular ones, Neurosurgery still remains as one of the most competitive fields to get into. You have to show interest, a competitive application and maturity. This is why some people found it offending when a previous poster said that he just got the results that he matched but wanted to switch programs.

Any program will train you to become BE. It is up to you on whether you want to excel in a particular subspecialty or not.

So to answer your question: It is hard to "match" into Neurosurgery. Some people calculated the percentages for this year (you will have to double check those numbers) and I think they were around 60% matched, and 40% failed to match. Again, don't quote me on this figure, but I remember it was a crazy %!

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)