Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post- Board exam
(05-17-2020, 06:57 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 04:10 PM)Guest Wrote: bc of covid, residents will have had more time to take the exam. curve will be more stringent.

right. it's not about taking the exam at home that matters.

Sure makes it easier to have google up on your phone. Not saying people will definitely cheat, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
(05-17-2020, 07:22 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 06:57 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 04:10 PM)Guest Wrote: bc of covid, residents will have had more time to take the exam. curve will be more stringent.

right. it's not about taking the exam at home that matters.

Sure makes it easier to have google up on your phone. Not saying people will definitely cheat, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Regardless they cheated or not, taking exam at home is not competing on a level playing field. Seriously, this should be flagged to ABNS and either void the exam or lower passing threshold to a low level
Do you know when we hear back?
They can't void the exam. Taking it at home was literally their recommendation you dumb s***. People need to have this to move on in their programs and lives. Passing is already a low score historically.

Based on the score report last year passing was a 335 which is below the first percentile.
(05-18-2020, 11:02 AM)Guest Wrote: They can't void the exam. Taking it at home was literally their recommendation you dumb s***. People need to have this to move on in their programs and lives. Passing is already a low score historically.

Based on the score report last year passing was a 335 which is below the first percentile.

No one recommended that officially or sent emails about it. Neither my program gave the option for it. You don’t move on with your lives on other people’s lives. You could have easily sat at home and called a faculty/friend/resident when you got a tough question and cheated.
(05-18-2020, 02:22 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 11:02 AM)Guest Wrote: They can't void the exam. Taking it at home was literally their recommendation you dumb s***. People need to have this to move on in their programs and lives. Passing is already a low score historically.

No one recommended that officially or sent emails about it. Neither my program gave the option for it. You don’t move on with your lives on other people’s lives. You could have easily sat at home and called a faculty/friend/resident when you got a tough question and cheated.

You do understand the exam was proctored.
Obviously this guy has no idea what he's talking about. ABNS sent out an update on 4/15 to everyone taking the test. In that email it explicitly says "It is the expectation of the ABNS that no in-person testing occur." Additionally this was proctored in accordance with the NBME guidelines which were also provided.

Seems like someone is just upset it didn't go how they expected it to go. If there was a problem with your institution not complying with these recommendations and guidelines that is something that can be brought up with you PD. If you have concerns that someone cheated that is also something you can bring up, but generalizing that everyone who took the test at home (which according to the ABNS expectations would be almost everyone) cheated is ridiculous.
Any word on when we hear back?
^^^ Thursday.
(05-19-2020, 06:49 PM)Guest Wrote: ^^^ Thursday.

not what I heard

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)