Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNS Abstracts
(09-02-2020, 01:33 PM)Guest Wrote: Bump? Anybody heard anything about their CNS 2020 abstracts?

Accepted last week
Yes accepted last week and know others last week as well
What if you havent heard anything? I know some that have gotten accepted and others that have gotten rejected emails. Im just in limbo...
(09-03-2020, 10:51 AM)Guest Wrote: What if you havent heard anything? I know some that have gotten accepted and others that have gotten rejected emails. Im just in limbo...

Check the abstract portal
What would you recommend for where to put down / how to categorize accepted CNS 2020 abstracts on your CV (especially for medical student purposes)? It seems like acceptance rates for abstracts this year were lower and all accepted CNS 2020 abstracts are getting published in Clinical Neurosurgery (which in earlier years, only published abstracts accepted as oral presentations), so would any accepted abstracts qualify as being labeled as accepted oral presentations (with the important asterisk within your CV that this was presented digitally due to COVID). On the other hand, would you recommend going the most conservative route and just categorizing these as E-Posters (or a lower form of abstract)? Thank you!
(09-10-2020, 10:20 PM)tango761 Wrote: What would you recommend for where to put down / how to categorize accepted CNS 2020 abstracts on your CV (especially for medical student purposes)? It seems like acceptance rates for abstracts this year were lower and all accepted CNS 2020 abstracts are getting published in Clinical Neurosurgery (which in earlier years, only published abstracts accepted as oral presentations), so would any accepted abstracts qualify as being labeled as accepted oral presentations (with the important asterisk within your CV that this was presented digitally due to COVID). On the other hand, would you recommend going the most conservative route and just categorizing these as E-Posters (or a lower form of abstract)? Thank you!

For CV and ERAS, I was going to consider them oral presentations (with a note about it being virtual), given that we're recording ourselves giving a talk to post to the YouTube channel. Curious to hear others' opinions on this as well.
As another med student I feel like it would be disingenuous to call these oral presentations.. I was planning on just putting them in the general poster/abstract section of my CV
(09-11-2020, 01:09 AM)Guest Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 10:20 PM)tango761 Wrote: What would you recommend for where to put down / how to categorize accepted CNS 2020 abstracts on your CV (especially for medical student purposes)? It seems like acceptance rates for abstracts this year were lower and all accepted CNS 2020 abstracts are getting published in Clinical Neurosurgery (which in earlier years, only published abstracts accepted as oral presentations), so would any accepted abstracts qualify as being labeled as accepted oral presentations (with the important asterisk within your CV that this was presented digitally due to COVID). On the other hand, would you recommend going the most conservative route and just categorizing these as E-Posters (or a lower form of abstract)? Thank you!

For CV and ERAS, I was going to consider them oral presentations (with a note about it being virtual), given that we're recording ourselves giving a talk to post to the YouTube channel. Curious to hear others' opinions on this as well.

Since the abstracts are going to be published online, it may be more appropriate to put it in the "published paper/abstracts" section. I was considering calling it an oral presentation as well. To me, it depends on whether they really were that much more selective this year. I'd ask your PD
How about for previous years? For ERAS purposes, is it disingenuous to include both the oral presentation and the associated abstract published in Clinical Neurosurgery as two separate research items?
Cant seem to find the abstract portal... Anyone else that didn't get an email?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)