Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Pediatric Neurosurgery Salary?
The flip side of the coin is the highest paying starting academic peds salaries: the highest I have heard are mayo, saint judes, chop, and pitt.
(04-07-2021, 04:10 PM)Focus Wrote: The flip side of the coin is the highest paying starting academic peds salaries: the highest I have heard are mayo, saint judes, chop, and pitt.

Yea but this is minority, most folks went get prestigious positions like this
(04-07-2021, 08:23 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 04:10 PM)Focus Wrote: The flip side of the coin is the highest paying starting academic peds salaries: the highest I have heard are mayo, saint judes, chop, and pitt.

No doubt, but since we have mentioned at least one program who falls below the stated mean in this thread I figured it was worth also starting a list of those above it.
(04-07-2021, 09:53 PM)Focus Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 08:23 PM)Guest Wrote:

No doubt, but since we have mentioned at least one program who falls below the stated mean in this thread I figured it was worth also starting a list of those above it.

What would the salary at those places look like?
(09-24-2020, 04:58 PM)Guest Wrote: Starting is $150K at UCSF.

What an ignorant comment, most likely by a med school or even pre-med runt. These runts populate these forms, sadly, even though most of them are too weak to even get into a general surgery residency. 

The 150K is for the academic position, which are things like teaching, mentorship, research, etc. In addition to this, they pay for clinical work, which is generally paid in RVUs or perhaps a guaranteed salary or--for trauma--paid on a per-day basis. In addition to work at the USCF hospital, a UCSF surgeon is going to have a PP on the side, and being a professor at UCSF is going to allow you to attract a lot of well-insured rich patients, whom you can overbill and--if you have the morals--overtreat. 

Of course, this form is plagued by runts so it is pointless.
(04-10-2021, 01:52 AM)Harvard / Yale Neurosurgeon Wrote:

What an ignorant comment, most likely by a med school or even pre-med runt. These runts populate these forms, sadly, even though most of them are too weak to even get into a general surgery residency. 

The 150K is for the academic position, which are things like teaching, mentorship, research, etc. In addition to this, they pay for clinical work, which is generally paid in RVUs or perhaps a guaranteed salary or--for trauma--paid on a per-day basis. In addition to work at the USCF hospital, a UCSF surgeon is going to have a PP on the side, and being a professor at UCSF is going to allow you to attract a lot of well-insured rich patients, whom you can overbill and--if you have the morals--overtreat. 

No runt more powerful than you buddy

Wow. Overbill and over treat because a patient has money. That pretty much sums up neurosurgery. So what you are saying is that there are a lot of neurosurgeons that base their clinical decisions based on money. Could not agree more, but you are the biggest runt of all.
(04-10-2021, 09:40 AM)Eay Wrote:

Wow. Overbill and over treat because a patient has money. That pretty much sums up neurosurgery. So what you are saying is that there are a lot of neurosurgeons that base their clinical decisions based on money. Could not agree more, but you are the biggest runt of all.

The biggest runt is not a runt, my friend. 

It is an open secret that the vast majority of spine surgeries for pain are shams. If you think that neurosurgeons don't base their decisions on money, you are obviously not a neurosurgeon; you are a runt. Or, perhaps you are an oncologist, most of whom chose regimens largely based on how much the drug reimburses. 

Anyways, my purpose was to point out that a USCF neurosurgeon can easily pull in 1M+ as long as you are not a total fraud. The 130K salary is free advertistment for your PP.
(04-10-2021, 07:01 PM)Harvard / Yale Neurosurgeon Wrote:

It is an open secret that the vast majority of spine surgeries for pain are shams. If you think that neurosurgeons don't base their decisions on money, you are obviously not a neurosurgeon; you are a runt. Or, perhaps you are an oncologist, most of whom chose regimens largely based on how much the drug reimburses. 

Anyways, my purpose was to point out that a USCF neurosurgeon can easily pull in 1M+ as long as you are not a total fraud. The 130K salary is free advertistment for your PP.

^really hope I never end up like this person
(04-10-2021, 07:01 PM)Harvard / Yale Neurosurgeon Wrote:

Total fraud or not even a little bit of fraud makes you a fraud. 

You and your kind make me sick.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)