Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn
Jeff is well-known in endovascular and Jim Evans is well respected in endoscopic/skull base surgery....am i missing something here?
Twink boyfriends, webcam, hairy gay bears
http://datingaites.gaycowboys.telrock.net/?whitney

best gay chat website free cams live gay and lesbian los angeles Щ„ШґШє ШіШ«Ш· white men for black women dating sites
(10-01-2020, 09:54 PM)Guest Wrote: Penn has very strong placement for grads in academic neurosurgery similar to other T20 research programs. Recent grads have gone on to be on faculty at Stanford, UTSW, UCLA, Hopkins, CHOP, etc... Grady is a hard chair to replace but Yoshor has done a great job with Baylor so it should translate well to Penn.

What makes Penn stand out besides the research/prestige is that Shuster is a highly invested PD and would make your residency experience a very positive one.

Agree with above. I did a sub i at Penn a few years ago and Shuster is a great guy, all the residents really appreciate what he does for them. Residents seemed cool during the interview so I think things are better at Jefferson but historically has been a malignant place
If you're interested in a career as a physician-scientist, go to Penn. If you plan on going into private practice and want to come out of residency being operatively proficient, go to Jeff
(10-05-2020, 07:40 PM)Guest Wrote: If you're interested in a career as a physician-scientist, go to Penn. If you plan on going into private practice and want to come out of residency being operatively proficient, go to Jeff

Not exactly true.

I would say if you want a NIH funded lab and a basic science part of your career go to Penn. If more interested in clinical proficiency and research go to Jeff. Both can get you academic careers, and if you look at recent grads at both institutions both do.
Hard to turn down an Ivy League name
(10-06-2020, 04:55 AM)Guest Wrote: Hard to turn down an Ivy League name

Like Brown, Yale, or Dartmouth?
Penn probably has more resources owing to its academic stature and affiliation with an Ivy League school. Penn is building a new hospital that's supposed to open in the next year or two. They also have clinical and research infrastructure that naturally brings in more patients (proton beam radiation, CAR-T therapy etc). Jeff heavily dominates vascular in Philadelphia though if that's something you're interested in will probably be the biggest difference in terms of training. Both are solid programs in a great city
https://vimeo.com/481785135
Yoshor is a boss

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)