Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UVA vs UVA-NIH
Besides spending 3.5 years at the NIH vs 2 years of research in the UVA program (which apparently can also be done at the NIH), are there any big differences between the two? I'm guessing both set you up well for academic neurosurgery.

Does anyone know what the clinical experience is like at the NIH?
Clinical experience is lighter but does expose you to some interesting cases. The focus while you're at the NIH is on the lab work however.
UVA/NIH program split up. NIH likely to team up with Georgetown. UVA will have 1 protected research year and an enfolded fellowship PGY7
(11-03-2020, 12:09 PM)Guest Wrote: UVA/NIH program split up. NIH likely to team up with Georgetown. UVA will have 1 protected research year and an enfolded fellowship PGY7

Source on this?
(11-03-2020, 12:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 12:09 PM)Guest Wrote: UVA/NIH program split up. NIH likely to team up with Georgetown. UVA will have 1 protected research year and an enfolded fellowship PGY7

Source on this?

Heard this from a resident
I've heard the Georgetown thing from multiple residents as well
Not true at all. -NIH resident
They confirmed at the interview this is true and they are in the process of switching to GEorgetown
UVA-NIH program track no longer exists. UVA is taking 3 residents this cycle for their own program. NIH is taking 1 resident this cycle but currently working on finding a partner that will take their residents for clinical experience
(12-07-2020, 09:03 PM)Guest Wrote: UVA-NIH program track no longer exists. UVA is taking 3 residents this cycle for their own program. NIH is taking 1 resident this cycle but currently working on finding a partner that will take their residents for clinical experience

+1 although I do believe it's Georgetown.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)