Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking pgy2 spot
Good luck finding a spot guys.
you guys ever have luck? How do you go about finding the spots?
Hi everybody!

In my case I'm a foreign neurosurgeon, currently doing a spine fellowship. I'm also looking for a PGY-2 spot anywhere. My story in a nutshell: I did 2 years of general surgery here in the America. However, my passion was always neurosurgery, so I decided to go back home and I graduated as a neurosurgeon. As I previously mentioned I'm doing my spine fellowship right now. Willing to start residency all over again but I don't want to go through the match.

If somebody in this chat knows about any opening I will appreciate any heads up please
Your dream is to be an American neurosurgeon; you already are one but are giving it up for a chance at being one in the USA I guess
(07-10-2022, 12:03 PM)Guest Wrote: Your dream is to be an American neurosurgeon; you already are one but are giving it up for a chance at being one in the USA I guess

What’s the difference? my target is to become a certified board neurosurgeon in the States
(07-11-2022, 05:37 AM)Spinefix Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 12:03 PM)Guest Wrote: Your dream is to be an American neurosurgeon; you already are one but are giving it up for a chance at being one in the USA I guess

What’s the difference? my target is to become a certified board neurosurgeon in the States

Certainly possible by establishing connections through research or clinical fellowships but you’re looking at a 2-5 year investment. I doubt you’d get a PGY2 spot off the bat with your current application.

Would personally reevaluate whether or not it’s even worth moving to the states and have to go through retraining. Is it for family reasons? The opportunities in the US now are lackluster compared to in the 90s-00s. Try going to Canada instead.
UI Peoria and Penn State supposedly lost interns
(07-12-2022, 04:59 PM)Guest Wrote: UI Peoria and Penn State supposedly lost interns

Interesting. Any further info on why?
Who knows but neither place advertised anything. Seems to be the norm nowadays unless you’re on Twitter
(07-12-2022, 05:56 PM)Guest Wrote: Who knows but neither place advertised anything. Seems to be the norm nowadays unless you’re on Twitter

Not usually... Guess should start. Appreciate it. Where are you finding this on Twitter?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)