(11-15-2020, 03:41 PM)Guest Wrote: Hello
I am seeking a pgy 2 opening.
please reach out if you know of one.

neurosurgery2021@gmail.com

intern?
Please post here as well if anyone is aware of any openings
U mizzou
Same here. Let me know if you know of any PGY-2 spots
(12-05-2020, 05:32 PM)Neurosurgery123 Wrote: Same here. Let me know if you know of any PGY-2 spots

Med student here, why would you want to seek out a new residency position? Also how easy is it to move around?
(12-05-2020, 06:51 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 05:32 PM)Neurosurgery123 Wrote: Same here. Let me know if you know of any PGY-2 spots

Med student here, why would you want to seek out a new residency position? Also how easy is it to move around?

They could have been fired or they could have been told that they won't be getting a contract renewal next year. Or they could just be profoundly unhappy at their program. 

It is very hard to move around and got a lot harder with recent changes in the ACGME rule. In the old days, you could fill vacancies with residents of varying training level. Now it has to be a direct match.

I think you may not be able to backfill anymore either (meaning taking more than your standard complement in the match).
Still looking
I am still looking too. Anyone aware of any openings?
Any new PGY2 spots open? Or PGY1 spots starting now? When do these positions typically accept applications?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)