Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing boards
Besides the SANS modules, please let me know what other resources needed to comfortably pass the boards and how far from march to start studying. I haven’t passed last year and would be in trouble if I don’t pass this time.
(11-17-2020, 09:36 PM)Boardguy Wrote: Besides the SANS modules, please let me know what other resources needed to comfortably pass the boards and how far from march to start studying. I haven’t passed last year and would be in trouble if I don’t pass this time.

what year are you?
Answers are all over this board.

There is no substitute for taking time every day from now until March to do questions every day. There are literally dozens of board preparation books.

I really, truly, don't mean to pile on to what seems to be a difficult situation. But if your issue is simply obtaining a passing score, then I have to assume you're just not putting in the work. Simply passing the test is not very difficult.
(11-18-2020, 01:33 AM)Guest Wrote: Answers are all over this board.

There is no substitute for taking time every day from now until March to do questions every day. There are literally dozens of board preparation books.

I really, truly, don't mean to pile on to what seems to be a difficult situation. But if your issue is simply obtaining a passing score, then I have to assume you're just not putting in the work. Simply passing the test is not very difficult.

A pile of what? What else besides SANS questions. I am willing to study everyday but feel lost within resources. I can’t tolerate/retain info from psarros or citow
(11-18-2020, 07:52 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 01:33 AM)Guest Wrote: Answers are all over this board.

A pile of what? What else besides SANS questions. I am willing to study everyday but feel lost within resources. I can’t tolerate/retain info from psarros or citow

Dude, just google for board prep resources or find on amazon. There have been 4-5 question books published i the last 3 years. I'm sure your seniors have their own prep stuff that they can share with you.

If you're not learning from questions, you're probably doing questions wrong. Read every single question and every single answer, including all the choices. You need to understand why the right answers are right and why the wrong answers are wrong. Anything you don't fully understand, go look up and don't stop until you understand it.

You also have no excuse for missing the easy points on the anatomy questions. They  quite literally tell you exactly which structures and pictures will appear on the exam.
(11-17-2020, 09:36 PM)Boardguy Wrote: Besides the SANS modules, please let me know what other resources needed to comfortably pass the boards and how far from march to start studying. I haven’t passed last year and would be in trouble if I don’t pass this time.

Why would you be in trouble if you don’t pass this time around? There are multiple tries available

Dura Anki Deck:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y2pTpJNgleE6jYD2htHLkFsblZhuw7i1/view?usp=sharing
So it seems everyone agrees on Citow OR Psarros + SANS, but what else? I really need to pass and don’t think those are enough since I don’t retain well from just reading those focused and dense textbooks.

Are 2 months enough to get a good score and at least to pass?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)