Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VANDERBILT
(12-19-2020, 05:01 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 08:28 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 07:18 PM)Guest Wrote: I'll still rank according to my true preference but won't be surprised if I fall a few spots if those in my top 5-10 have a bunch of home people

Home people may not want to stay too

This is key, home applicants wanting to match elsewhere need to be vocal about it so their chair can call and facilitate this, especially if you come from a good home institution people are gunna assume you want to stay
Ya vocal about it then even the chance to match at the home program will be low as well...Not every home institution is supportive and understandable ok
(12-19-2020, 05:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 07:18 PM)Guest Wrote: I'll still rank according to my true preference but won't be surprised if I fall a few spots if those in my top 5-10 have a bunch of home people

This is key, home applicants wanting to match elsewhere need to be vocal about it so their chair can call and facilitate this, especially if you come from a good home institution people are gunna assume you want to stay
Ya vocal about it then even the chance to match at the home program will be low as well...Not every home institution is supportive and understandable ok

Obviously can't speak for every program, but I had the same fear and was told by mentors that it's important to be honest. They'll want to help you. Mathematically, it really shouldn't effect where they rank you, but it helps them make sure you end up somewhere you're happy. Recommend at least lightly broaching the topic with someone at your home institution
Thank goodness Barrow doesn't have home students
(12-19-2020, 08:47 PM)Guest Wrote: Thank goodness Barrow doesn't have home students

They have rotators you know that right?

(12-19-2020, 06:09 PM)Guest Wrote:

Obviously can't speak for every program, but I had the same fear and was told by mentors that it's important to be honest. They'll want to help you. Mathematically, it really shouldn't effect where they rank you, but it helps them make sure you end up somewhere you're happy. Recommend at least lightly broaching the topic with someone at your home institution

If you know my home program you would not say this.
(12-19-2020, 09:28 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 08:47 PM)Guest Wrote: Thank goodness Barrow doesn't have home students

They have rotators you know that right?

(12-19-2020, 06:09 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 08:28 PM)Guest Wrote: Home people may not want to stay too

If you know my home program you would not say this.

+1

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)