Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programs that surprised you
(01-09-2021, 12:38 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 11:47 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 11:46 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:53 AM)Guest Wrote: thoughts on Emory this year with the PD transition? I heard the volume is great but perhaps malignant?

I didn't get any sense of malignancy from them. Definitely super busy though

Did they comment on the R25 at all? It looks like it ended about a year and a half ago

I don't remember hearing about it
No, they lost R25 but are re-applying for it
(01-09-2021, 09:07 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 04:15 PM)Guest Wrote: any thoughts/interest in west virginia? location seems fun

West Virginia is a small town in a middle of nowhere lol...if you like outdoor then sure...but fun?

People have different tastes. I'm more of a city guy and doubt I'd like being at WVU as much as other places but for someone who's very outdoorsy it sounds like an awesome location
WVU does not get nearly enough credit for the research opportunities and number of well connected faculty. Rezai is a former CNS/NANS/ASSFN prez, Pete Konrad just got recruited there, residents all great and spoke highly of the program during the interview
The worst part is loving a program and having no idea how they feel about you
Any one get rank to match calls? One of my co applicants has already. I feel like a scrub lol
(01-10-2021, 08:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Any one get rank to match calls? One of my co applicants has already. I feel like a scrub lol

Big NEG for me...
(01-10-2021, 08:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Any one get rank to match calls? One of my co applicants has already. I feel like a scrub lol

I got a ranked to scramble call. Does that count?

Lol none here. my co applicants havent mentioned any either
What do you guys think of MCW?
(01-08-2021, 01:53 AM)Guest Wrote: thoughts on Emory this year with the PD transition? I heard the volume is great but perhaps malignant?

I hated my interview with them. I hope there was a way to let them know that they shouldn't run their interviews that way again!

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)