Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programs that surprised you
(12-28-2020, 06:35 PM)Guest Wrote: Negatives: GW, Methodist, Mayo Jax

Walter Jean leaving GW
(12-30-2020, 12:19 PM)Guest Wrote: does mayo rochester have enough volume to do 1 open vascular case a year

With their 2 cases/yr combined cranial and spine, it’s always a gamble
How do you know Jean is leaving?
(12-30-2020, 01:40 PM)Guest Wrote: How do you know Jean is leaving?

Because he personally announced it on his social media.
Negative surprise: GT...their interview format is weird. Did not get the warm feeling
(12-27-2020, 12:25 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 09:05 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 07:10 PM)Guest Wrote: Positive Surprise: UC Davis and Alabama Birmingham -(incredibly solid)
Negative Surprise: George Washington

I'm curious - I interviewed with GW and while I thought the program was restructuring for sure (I got that impression from these forums before applying tbh), but I got the vibe that the PD was committed to the residents and to the rebuilding of the program. Was there anything in particular that stuck out to you that you weren't expecting?

also interested in this. thanks!

basically seemed they had maybe 3-4 faculty for ~10 residents and max 1OR running at a time? Didn't even know Jean was leaving. Also, residents on interview day didn't want to comment on their PGY5 absence or the fact they should have two PGY6? And no chairman I also noticed. Also, kind of strange there was no social night when every other program had one.

Please anyone correct me if I am factually incorrect or your interview experience was different than my own!
Really loved a mid ranked program that's on the rise and thought it had all the opportunities I was looking for but I've been getting positive communications from top places. Is it stupid to consider the mid-ranked place over traditionally top training programs?
GuestReally loved a mid ranked program that's on the rise and thought it had all the opportunities I was looking for but I've been getting positive communications from top places. Is it stupid to consider the mid-ranked place over traditionally top training programs?

positive communication during the interview or after? Like they will rank you highly?
(12-31-2020, 11:51 AM)Guest Wrote: GuestReally loved a mid ranked program that's on the rise and thought it had all the opportunities I was looking for but I've been getting positive communications from top places. Is it stupid to consider the mid-ranked place over traditionally top training programs?

positive communication during the interview or after? Like they will rank you highly?

Mostly post. Not sure how deep to read into it considering interviews are only halfway done
(12-31-2020, 02:06 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 11:51 AM)Guest Wrote: GuestReally loved a mid ranked program that's on the rise and thought it had all the opportunities I was looking for but I've been getting positive communications from top places. Is it stupid to consider the mid-ranked place over traditionally top training programs?

Mostly post. Not sure how deep to read into it considering interviews are only halfway done

They email you or respond to your thank you email

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)