Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programs that surprised you
Operative experience probably Northwell > NYU > Sinai = Einstein > Cornell = Columbia
(01-17-2021, 09:23 PM)Guest Wrote: Operative experience probably Northwell > NYU > Sinai = Einstein > Cornell = Columbia

Not sure where this is coming from. Cornell has 3 times the volume Columbia has. To drive it home, at the interview day they told us Columbia residents were going to start coming to the UES to operate (honestly a raw deal for Cornell imo). Pitched it as a reciprocal program with Cornell residents getting peds cases at Columbia

Also not clear to me if any of the Manhattan programs have better autonomy than Northwell, Einstein, RWJ, who benefit from isolated patient populations and not VIPs getting 3rd and 4th opinions. Just because you get crushed at NYU doesn't mean you get any autonomy at Langone. So hard with NYC programs to see the reality from what they parade on interview day
(01-17-2021, 09:23 PM)Guest Wrote: Operative experience probably Northwell > NYU > Sinai = Einstein > Cornell = Columbia

Lmao thanks for the laugh northwell resident
1) Top 20 program is better than other top 20 program- claims guest
2) LMAO thanks xyz resident- Dude/tte from other program
3) Meaningful discourse that would help anyone- No One
4) Top 20 program is better than other top 20 program- claims guest
5) Dormammu i've come to bargain- Dr. Strange enters
(01-17-2021, 08:31 PM)Guest Wrote: Sinai had malignant vibes

Why was the program director suddenly changed?
(01-17-2021, 10:51 PM)Guest Wrote:

Lmao thanks for the laugh northwell resident

I'm a west coast resident with no skin in the game and I completely agree with this (with the potential exception of swapping Einstein and NYU). Northwell is a blue collar (barely) academic program where the focus is on OR. Doesn't make it a "top" program but the residents get their reps in (just like for pure operating Rush > Northwestern and Jefferson > Penn). It depends on what you're looking for. NYU, Cornell, Columbia are obviously bigger names with better research.
https://imgflip.com/i/4u9nao

I couldn't help myself sorry.
(01-18-2021, 12:24 AM)Guest Wrote: 1) Top 20 program is better than other top 20 program- claims guest
2) LMAO thanks xyz resident- Dude/tte from other program
3) Meaningful discourse that would help anyone- No One
4) Top 20 program is better than other top 20 program- claims guest
5) Dormammu i've come to bargain- Dr. Strange enters

Fantastic reply
[Image: tenor.gif]
In 2021, is there an updated ranking in which to think of these programs? The same 5-10 programs are heavily discussed here but which programs are making moves?
What’s the deal with Duke? Seems interesting in terms of resident camaraderie and operative experience, but has an interim chair and change in PD.

Anyone with knowledge about what is going on?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)